2008 CLC 180 Subwoofer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jadee

Car
A & C Class Coupe
Does anyone know if the A2038200202 subwoofer unit - (housing and speaker) will fit in a 2008 CLC which is based I believe on the W203.

I would like to install a subwoofer to give a little more bass than the standard door speakers but do not want a big box in the boot - or to change the door speakers.

I noticed that there is the Bose / Harman Kardon units fitted as an optional item by Mercedes - and it appears from looking at pictures the only difference between the two is either a round or oval speaker - the remainder of the housing looking identical.

e.g. one for sale in ebay - 2004 MERCEDES C230 W203 KOMPRESSOR LAUD SPEAKER SUB WOOFER BOSE A 2038200202 | eBay

Any ideas anyone or other suggestions - another suggestion has been to build a housing for inside the space saver spare wheel.

The subwoofer is for fitting to an aftermarket audio system so no worries re connecting to Mercedes audio units.

Well as it seems no one could help I went for it and purchased a unit - so the answer is - yes it will fit. However the UPCI (UHI) Control Unit for the mobile telephone is in the way - it seems a different bracket is used if the Bose / Harman Kardon bass speaker unit is fitted.

I understand the best unit to go for is the Harman Kardon unit as it runs at 4 ohm rather than the Bose which is 2 ohm. So I went for the Harman Kardon unit (A 2038205902).

The only item I now need to find a home for is the subwoofer amplifier - this could be one to fit inside the spare wheel.

As I have replaced the audio head unit and the Mercedes telephone systems is redundant can I just remove the UPCI (UHI) Control Unit - can anyone answer this question?

Last edited:
This is probably where you need the expertise of the COMMAND ONLINE boys (I know the actual MB system is one M but I imagine they have very large feet treading on their trademarks!).

They are on here but have a website:

www.commandonline.co.uk/

Never used them myself but they are always helpful on here so I would have no reservations in doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom