2008 Comand APS DVD

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by damyers, Aug 16, 2008.

1. damyers

damyers Active Member

Car:
    55 reg SLK 55 AMG
    Hi all

Just got the 2008 Comand DVD for my R171 - is there anything new I should be looking out for - had a browse through Comand but couldnt see anything obvious so just wondering

Cheers

Dave

2. billy_whizz

billy_whizz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C-Class 350 Cdi Sport
    If it is the very latest one it will be MP3 compatible. It can hold 6 dvds and play mp3 from them, I have over 15000 songs that I can play to my hearts content so don't need an mp3 player :bannana:

3. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    I understood it was not a 2008 COMAND APS but a 2008 COMAND APS DVD? I assume the car is this 55-plate one?

If you mean what new you should find from map disk, I guess it is mainly up-to-date roads and addresses & POI info. Depends what you had before but if you had the Comand update like for W211 or W221, you should find the option to show ETA on the main display and the bird's eye view. Perhaps you already had that or perhaps it does not apply for the R171.

4. OP
    OP
    damyers

damyers Active Member

Car:
    55 reg SLK 55 AMG
    Yup its a 55 plate and it was the DVD - havent got the ETA on the main display - shame really - its a bit of a pain going to the info screen to see it!

Thanks for the info.

Tags: