: 2008 E350 CGI Sport V6 Petrol Estate Avantgarde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The registration is: FX 08 TKO (so you can check the MoT history).

It is a 2008 model (delivered 08 May 2008), in Indium Grey metallic with semi-aniline black/anthracite leather interior and black bird’s eye maple woodwork. I am the third owner, from Dec 2016; the previous owner bought it in June 2013. It has done just over 91,000 miles, and has nearly a year’s MoT. Three tyres (Fronts, OSR) are Continental Winter Contacts (6mm F, 5mm R), the NSR a PS3 with 5mm tread. The OSR has a chunk out of the kerbing rib, and there are two used rear tyres (Kumho Ecsta, Uniroyal Rainsport 3, 4 & 3mm) ) that came, and will go, with the car. It comes with two keys and the original book pack.

The engine number is: 272985 30 961064 (well after the top end problems range).

The documented service history is:

(FIRST OWNER BLUE ANCHOR LEISURE LTD)

05/03/09 16,349 A service @ MB Doncaster
15/03/10 30,902 B service @ MB Doncaster
13/06/11 34,391 A service @ MB Doncaster
24/10/12 36.042 B service @ MB Doncaster
03/06/13 ? Change of owner
25/11/13 46,251 A service @ MB Boston
28/08/14 59,982 Laurels Service Station, Horncastle - new front
discs, new pads all round
07/10/14 63,055 B service @ MB Boston
18/09/15 79,622 A service @ MB Boston
11/07/16 86,381 Laurels Service Station, Horncastle - new front
pads, track rod end
11/10/16 87,677 B service @ MB Boston

New thermostat in Jan, and in May it went into Terry Gates for a general check-over, and specifically new Irridium plugs (which I supplied), fixing the rear wiper, fixing a slight rattle (new OE front shock absorbers), and curing an occasional oily whiff of crankcase fumes. He found it needed a new V-belt and two pulleys, so replaced those too.

That lot cost £2K! The M272 is a PIG to work on; access to the sides is very tight, and replacing the plugs and engine breather and resealing the cam covers (not leaking, but would have done so, probably sooner rather than later) to get rid of the oily whiff took a whole day’s labour. Fortunately, the plugs have a life of 50,000 miles.

(I thought the rattle – it’s a light rattle, not a knock - might be something simple like a loose undertray. It came back about 100 miles after the new shocks were fitted… The car was back there soon after have one corroded rear brake pipe replaced after failing MoT (the other had been done). Terry rechecked and is adamant that there’s nothing loose in the front suspension, so maybe SOMETHING he disturbed the first time around has worked loose again; an undertray, perhaps?)

One good thing, though; if you want an expert’s unbiased opinion of the car, ask Terry Gates. I think he’ll tell you it’s just fine (now…).

What about the toys, then? It has the Sport suspension, seats, pedals and trim package, with staggered twin ten-spoke 18” alloys a la AMG. OE Anthracite overmats with the edges bound in light grey. COMAND with an up-to-date (bootleg, but works fine) disc. Gearchange paddles. Heated electric front seats, the driver’s with memory. Low tyre pressure warner. Cornering lights.

Extras? There’s a towbar mount with the (detachable) towbar in the boot. There’s a full set of rubber undermats under the overmats, and a rubber load area protector as well. I have a pair of OE roof bars (with keys and adjustment tool) that will come with it, and a refurbed OS door mirror folding motor.

What needs doing? The wheels could do with a refurb, but (apart from the aforementioned rattle) that’s about it. There are marks consistent with the age and mileage, of course, but nothing that significantly detracts from the look of the car. It’s not perfect, but it’s pretty decent and presentable.

Why am I selling? Because I’ve just bought Boris The Bounce’s Peugeot 508 as a stopgap while I wait for the E55K estate I want to come up for sale, that’s why. The E350 is a good car, but it’s not an AMG…

I’ll attach a few compressed pics (if I can…), and if you’re interested, PM me and I’ll send you the higher-resolution ones (in instalments – too big to post on here). I’ll also send you the datacard.

The car had just been washed and vacuumed for the photos. It doesn't look that good now; I live next to a motorway, and there's a LOT of dust in the air.

The car will be going on eBay, with a reserve of £9950, later today. £9500 to a forum member.

Attachments

• 0224 compressed.jpg
    0224 compressed.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 231 compressed.jpg
    231 compressed.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 233 compressed.jpg
    233 compressed.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 335
Or call me on 07713-322120.

I've just listed it on eBay, with lots more pictures; let the a12sehole phone calls begin...

It has become clear that, opinions previously expressed on the forum notwithstanding, £10k (or anywhere near it) for this car is pie in the sky...

Anybody care to make me an offer?

Bump. The silence is deafening! Anybody interested at £6500 or so?

Bump again. The silence is still deafening....

Some where near £6000, then? It has to be sold soon.

For goodness' sake, somebody - anybody - must want it. Make me an offer...

What do i have to do to sell this car...

Still deafening silence. What's wrong with the thing? PM me if you know; I don't...

If it's the asking price, how about £5500 or so? It must go soon, surely, before it sinks into the front lawn and is lost from view...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom