2008 ML (W164) Electric Folding Mirrors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alcal

Car
Mercedes C Class Coupe (W203)
I have an issue with my folding mirrors on my ML.
When I fold them by pressing the button, both sides fold but the drivers side stops by hitting the door, which has damaged the paint. The passengers side stops with a small gap between the door and mirror as expected.

Does anyone know if the stop position can be adjusted to prevent this happening?

Are you sure the mirror housing is correctly mounted? Has it possibly received a knock that has unseated it slightly?

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like it is seated ok and as far as I am aware, it hasn't received any knocks.

It works perfectly fine and operates at the same speed as the passenger side. It's just that it hits the door. Because of this, I am hoping it can be a simple fix without the need to buy and fit a new one.

Is the cover easy to remove so I can investigate the internals?

This video should show you disassembly

[YOUTUBE]IEBV1p7omsc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for you replies.

I managed to get the cover off and to be honest it all looks ok. Nothing seems broken. I folded and unfolded the mirrors with the cover off to see if anything is a miss, but I couldn't see anything.
I didn't notice anything that controls when the mirrors stop folding as it has to be something simple. I am still hopeful it is something very easy to fix.

If anyone can shed more light, that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom