2008 ML280 - W164 - Rear Entertainment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheArchitect

Car
2008 ML280 CDI
Hello all,

I have done much searching and reading on this and other forums about retro-fitting a rear entertainment system to my W164. I'd like to fit a single screen center-console mounted pop-up style screen with DVD/Flash player but am struggling to find any kits that are suitable. I've seen many images online (mainly originating from the US) where this type of system has been installed to this car but can't find any vendors in the UK. Also I need to know if this type of system is in fact suitable for my car.

Now I've checked out Comand.co.uk and they are an option which I'm considering but they only have the headrest mounted option I believe.

Has anyone had this type of system installed? If so, where did you buy it and who fitted it for you? Any pros/cons with this type of system as opposed to headrest mounted or overhead drop down screens?

Thanks in advanced for the input.. :thumb:

Quick Update: Just spoken to Comand and they think it might be possible to source the setup I'm after.. shall report back.

Hi,

Thanks for sending your VIN - i've done the research. There are 3 "kits" needed to install this (base kit in black for Region 2, wiring loom, bracket) and the first two are no longer available.. I have a bracket somewhere but the rest is not possible :-(

So, I guess your next option is the 2 screen back of the seat system (which the single screen parts would have been similar price to ..) Or a pair of iPads !!

Cheers

Richard

Many thanks, Richard for getting back to me so quick. Part of me was hoping the single centre mounted screen would be cheaper hence that being my first choice. But as you say having the seat mounted twin screens would cost the pretty much the same it's given me food for thought. Will be in touch very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom