2008 S Class - Change a broken tail light lens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmrd

Car
S320
I have a couple of questions about my 2008 S Class 320. Sadly, I have managed (despite all the onboard driving aids) to reverse into a post.

First one: I have cracked and need to replace the rear tail-light lens. I know it comes as a set of three lenses, however when I opened the boot to see how simple it would be to change myself, it does not looks to be straightforward. There is no access to even change a lightbulb and the manual says to get the approved MB workshop to do this. It looks like I will need to remove the boot lining.
So, how easy would it be to replace this lens myself and are there any instructions to access the screws, etc?

Second one: Parking sensors - is anyone else experiencing a delay? I have found that I need to be too close to an object before the "beep" starts. We all know that pedestrians at traffic lights set them off at the front, but the peds are walking away when my beeps start. Also, there doesn't seem to be a variation in the audio - straight to a continuous beep.
Anyone else have any experiences and suggestions?

Mnay thanks
G

On your second one, Parktronic should only start beeping at the distance when the first red led light comes on, and obviously continues with the second (honestly I don't even remember but there should be a difference in the tone for the first and the second red led, but it isn't like some after market devices that have an increasing frequency of beeps or so as you approach the object).

If your parktronic goes to continuous beep at one go, that does not sound right, how do the yellow leds work (or the yellow display on the IC).

Also it should not have any significant delay, I could understand you observing a delay in the audible alert if you are expecting something when the first indicator lights up but this is not how it is supposed to work).

On the rear light, it should come as one part plus the two stripes. You have to remove the trunk side panel to access the screws that hold the rear lamp. Should be pretty simple once you get the side panel away.

Thanks for your help.

Can you tell me how to get access to the tail light screws. I cannot see any panel.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom