2008 S204 C320CDI 4Matic (LHD) Oilpan needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kailee71

Car
S204 C320CDI 4Matic
Hi all, I just attempted replacing my left CV axle, and as the axle was rust fused to the intermediate driveshaft it knocked out the intermediate including the bearing and snap ring damaging the oil pan snap ring flange:

1.png
0.png

What was a relatively straightforward job has now become nearly impossible as I can't source an oil pan anywhere. I phoned around (MB UK, MB Germany, where I normally live), trawled ebay, but came up with nothing practical. Listings on eBay on enquiry state several weeks' delivery time (and MB Stuttgart even said no stock in Germany at all, and no date for re-stocking).

The part I need is A6420100127 (supercedes A6420100027)

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do? If not this baby-Benz is a write-off...

Thanks in advance,

Kai.

Hi all, I just attempted replacing my left CV axle, and as the axle was rust fused to the intermediate driveshaft it knocked out the intermediate including the bearing and snap ring damaging the oil pan snap ring flange:

View attachment 111453
View attachment 111452

What was a relatively straightforward job has now become nearly impossible as I can't source an oil pan anywhere. I phoned around (MB UK, MB Germany, where I normally live), trawled ebay, but came up with nothing practical. Listings on eBay on enquiry state several weeks' delivery time (and MB Stuttgart even said no stock in Germany at all, and no date for re-stocking).

The part I need is A6420100127 (supercedes A6420100027)

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do? If not this baby-Benz is a write-off...

Thanks in advance,

Kai.
Dronsfields is an MB breaker

No luck with Dronsfield... Can't find any fitting oil pans anywhere - eBay/Amazon/etc so am running out of options now. Anyone have any opinions on repairing/welding this?

K.

No not at all, but the flange holding the clip ring which secures the intermediate shaft bearing is basically gone. Wouldn't trust the bearing to stay put without it. Here's somebody elses with a similar issue, but less damaged than mine:5.png

Thanks - I've sent them an email - let's see if they have something. Fingers crossed....
Hi all,

did not find any oilpans but will have mine welded. I'm now some way along getting to it, having just dropped the cat and now have access to propshaft to disconnect it from the front diff;

22.jpg
3 Bolts loose, one to go... But can't reach the last one without turning the propshaft. How do I safely do this while the car jacked up front on axle stands but wheels on the ground at rear (and can't really lift those at the moment either because I have no access from side or back at rear). Will putting in N be sufficient to turn the propshaft a little? If so, where do I best turn it?

Cheers in advance,

Kai.

Hi again,

so I've got verything off I needed, and the oilpan is ready to be removed. However, it won't budge. I removed all 23 bolts that go vertically into the crankcase and the 4 big ones that go into the pan from behind the gearbox. But it just won't come off. I'm afraid to do any more damage so don't want to knock it too hard. One thing I'm noticing is that the oilpan that's on my car has part no. A642014002 (see image, taken just before I removed all the bolts).

31.jpg

However EPC is telling me my car should have a A6420100027 (now replaced by -0127). Should I worry?

Does anybody have any ideas how to best get the oilpan off now it's held just by the sealant?

... It turns out, it's not held only by the sealant now... I found some images on the web showing this oilpan, and it's got some more boltholes inside, going to the gearbox/bellhousing:

33.jpg

Turns out, these hold the crankcase cap:

32.jpg

This in turn means the gearbox does have to come off after all, as I don't think these are accessible without removing the gearbox. I don't think I'm capable of that, even with everything I've done so far. Is this difficult?

TIA,

Kai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom