2008 S320 - Limited acceleration, no kick down etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Well, my S has mostly been sat still what with the lock down and not doing my usual long drives. Just prior to the lock down I had a major service and the gearbox service done at DDR in Surrey. Drove the car home without issue and as driving perfectly.

I had to drive down to one of our offices today so first time in a few weeks it's been out and something wasn't right. It pulls away well enough but it's as if I can only use 1/3 or 1/2 acceleration at any time. It changes gear smoothly but there is no kick down and no matter how far you push the pedal it doesn't change down the gears although never stalls. If I use the paddles to change, it will drop down the gear but only give me limited acceleration again. If it's in manual mode, it will hold in the gears and let the revs rise but doesn't pull much because the throttle feels limited.

Got home and plugged in the code reader and have this error -

5tnYZPx.jpg

Obviously it points to a 'selection range sensor' which obviously relates to the gearbox. Could this be related to the ATF change I had done? The car is technically under warranty with the garage I bought from but I'm mindful that this relates to the gearbox and I had that service done on it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom