2008 Vito electric window not sliding up and down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vitogo

Car
Mercedes Vito
Hi all, first time poster and looking for help with an issue with driver's side electric window not opening or closing. I can hear the motor working so don't think it's an issue with either that or window switch. I've stripped off the door panel and found the end of a wire that is loose.

Is that the problem? Where should the loose end of the wire be fixed to?

20190702_112515.jpg vito.jpg

You can't fix it the whole unit needs replacing. They are really cheap on ebay. After being quoted £350 by Mercedes I thought I would see just what was involved. The cables and central gear come as one and are easy to fit. The part was so cheap on ebay I thought it would be rubbish but was exactly the same as the Mercedes one. As I said very easy to fit and a big saving.

.....Is that the problem? Where should the loose end of the wire be fixed to?
This is a very common problem with the earlier 639 Vitos. The end of the cable that you see loose sits into a plastic runner, that slides up & down powered by those cables. The repair kits (cables, blocks, winders etc,,,) are all available very cheaply. As Marku points out, ready assembled kits are widely available & much easier to install.
There's an Australian guy, Steve, who has done a great "how to" that well may help you.:
Mercedes Vito W639 Electric Window Problem

Hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom