2008 W211 Sport Foglight and surround. Part numbers and repair advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
An unfortunate meeting with a Hen Pheasant (more so for the Pheasant) this morning has left me with a broken Offside front Foglamp and a missing trim piece that surrounds it.

The lamp is still attached to the wiring and is being supported by the undertray although the lamp has separated from the front part with the lens it appears intact and possibly repairable

Would anyone have access to the part numbers for the lamp and the surround and kindly share them?

Also, does the lamp fit from the front or from behind the bumper?

I can see plastic mounts for the lamp that are broken. I am unsure if this is another part that can be replaced or if I need to try to repair these in some way. I also cannot see any fixings so I am unsure how the light unit was originally attached to the mounts but can look at the other side.

Any hints tips or other advice welcome!

Many thanks. 👍👍

I have a working offside foglamp from a 2004 W211 E55 if it's of any use to you. Not sure what shape your foglamp is but mine is oval.
They are removed and fitted from behind the front wheel arch liner. Just pay me the postage if the lamp is any good to you. Can't help with the surround I'm afraid.

If you post your first 6 numbers of your Vin I can check the part numbers for you ( eg WDB211***)

I have a working offside foglamp from a 2004 W211 E55 if it's of any use to you. Not sure what shape your foglamp is but mine is oval.
They are removed and fitted from behind the front wheel arch liner. Just pay me the postage if the lamp is any good to you. Can't help with the surround I'm afraid.

If you post your first 6 numbers of your Vin I can check the part numbers for you ( eg WDB211***)
That's really kind of you. I think that the fog light design may have changed with the 2006 face lift though?
VIN is : WDB2110222B353772

I changed both of my fog lights a few years ago with non MB fittings , they fitted from the rear , bit fiddly but easy enough if you get the vehicle front up onto ramps

I changed both of my fog lights a few years ago with non MB fittings , they fitted from the rear , bit fiddly but easy enough if you get the vehicle front up onto ramps
Are they held in place by screws?

As said the mounting points are partly damaged so I will need to devise a fix for those!

It appears the foglamps have been missed from this EPC for Part #'s??
Check on your datacard if you have option 806 or 807 fitted. There is a diagram for each one along with the Part numbers.

Just received a quote from MB Edinburgh for the Foglight, Trim and "Cap"

£81.94 delivered.

For that price I will use genuine parts as I know they will fit correctly and be compatible.

Many thanks for the helpful replies 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom