2009 C220 cdi stalls when slowing at junctions etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rk100

Car
W215 CL65 AMG & W124 E500
Hi all

My brother has a 2009 C220 cdi auto and every now any again it just stalls when he is slowing down at junctions etc. Does anyone have any experience of this or have ever heard of it.

Thanks

I would suspect a binding torque converter or lockup clutch.

Dieselman said:
I would suspect a binding torque converter or lockup clutch.

Dieselman are these problems hard/expensive to fix?

Anyone have any ideas as what this might be?

Anyone ?

Getting the codes read would be a good start.

martyz said:
Getting the codes read would be a good start.

I don't think any warnings lights or anything comes up on the dash when it happens and the car just starts normal again after stalling so not sure if there would be any codes.

A plug in to star diagnostics might reveal events recorded,find aMB independent with star for a check,about £40-50.

martyz said:
A plug in to star diagnostics might reveal events recorded,find aMB independent with star for a check,about £40-50.

Thanks martyz, I will get it to someone to check this out

rk100 said:
I don't think any warnings lights or anything comes up on the dash when it happens and the car just starts normal again after stalling so not sure if there would be any codes.

Even if no warning lights show up you should still get the car onto a STAR/diagnostic machine as the car will store any error codes in the ECU.

kam05 said:
Even if no warning lights show up you should still get the car onto a STAR/diagnostic machine as the car will store any error codes in the ECU.

Thanks kam05

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom