2009 C220 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RRV8

Car
W204 C220 CDI
Hi guys, I am getting codes P0243,P0244. It is now staying in limp mode. For a number of weeks after its first start in the morning it usually did go into limp mode, but after a second restart each morning it would drive fine without any engine light on dash. After a few weeks the engine management light started coming on with the above codes and limp mode. The waste gate arm is quite free. I changed the G-66 actuator with a second hand one. I still have the same codes. Maybe the second hand was faulty too. I am considering getting my own G-66 actuator reconditioned. Or maybe fit new turbo and actuator. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Is G-66 the Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid?

Is G-66 the Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid?

Hi Markjay, ya the G-66 is the actuator (electronic black box) that operates the wastegate. The actuator is connected by a connecting rod to the waste gate.

Hi guys, I am getting codes P0243,P0244. It is now staying in limp mode. For a number of weeks after its first start in the morning it usually did go into limp mode, but after a second restart each morning it would drive fine without any engine light on dash. After a few weeks the engine management light started coming on with the above codes and limp mode. The waste gate arm is quite free. I changed the G-66 actuator with a second hand one. I still have the same codes. Maybe the second hand was faulty too. I am considering getting my own G-66 actuator reconditioned. Or maybe fit new turbo and actuator. Thanks in advance.

Latest update,
Cleared codes P0243, P0244. No EML on the dash. I noticed the Wastegate actuator does not move at all while the car is been started. Also it does not move when the car is been revved. Took the car for a spin and definitely no boosting (no power). When you drive it easily no EML will come on in the dash. But if you force it a little too much the above codes will come back on.

Latest update,
Cleared codes P0243, P0244. No EML on the dash. I noticed the Wastegate actuator does not move at all while the car is been started. Also it does not move when the car is been revved. Took the car for a spin and definitely no boosting (no power). When you drive it easily no EML will come on in the dash. But if you force it a little too much the above codes will come back on.

Problem found and sorted. Problem was a broken cable. There are three 0.5 square cables going to the turbo actuator. These three cables are protected by a heavy walled flexible conduit. This flexi conduit is cabled tied to 2 brackets. I noticed the original factory fitted conduit was under strain. No damage or wear visable outside the flexi conduit but a 0.5 square inside was broken inside it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom