2009 c220cdi W204 OS rear door lock fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cooky

Car
C220
Hi all
I have searched around looking for a good diy for this but failed so far. My central locking motor in the rear offside door is playing up. Sometimes it locks sometimes not sometimes opens sometimes not. I am intending to replace the motor if I can. An indy has quoted £255 to do.
Question is does the rear door just need the door card removing to get to the motor for removal. I have read the front door needs a part de-riveting but can't find reference to the rear. Can anyone confirm what is involved please.

Thanks in advance.

I purchased my 2007 w204 4 months ago, but lucky for me did a full system scan when still under warranty

Came up with n/s/r central door locking motor short to ground...a friend who works in MB dlr says it's common problem

It does indeed need to be driled out....door lock, motor, and metal bracket come complete

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I had heard that was the case with the front but wasn't sure about the rear. Got in touch with Mercedes suggesting it was a safety issue as my young children sit in the back and I have had to disengage the child lock in case it fails completely. I also pointed out it is a well known fault which they denied! They have advised me to pay for a STAR diagnostic at a cost to me of £120 then they will decide whether they will help towards cost. Local Indy is suggesting around £250 all in so looks like I will have to bite the bullet with this one.
Cheers.

They will not admit anythink, I told them I had done a full system scan and the fault wouldn't clear...I found alloy filings on the floor so knew they had done it..but it was still under warranty, so they had to fix

When I owned my w203 I found on a forum information about the contacts burning out on the front indicators bulb holder (the model and year I had) but they did nothing

Found it funny that they had made, and had in stock a modidfied bulb holder.....took 10 mins to fit, they wanted £25 told them were to go

If you have to pay..go to an independent Mercedes dealer for you diag

Last edited:
Hi all
I have searched around looking for a good diy for this but failed so far. My central locking motor in the rear offside door is playing up. Sometimes it locks sometimes not sometimes opens sometimes not. I am intending to replace the motor if I can. An indy has quoted £255 to do.
Question is does the rear door just need the door card removing to get to the motor for removal. I have read the front door needs a part de-riveting but can't find reference to the rear. Can anyone confirm what is involved please.

Thanks in advance.

On the 203 , at least , it is part of the window mechanism that has to be drilled out to allow the lock assembly to come past . I don't know how similar the 204 is . It took me a couple of hours to change the lock in my driver's door due to the usual bouncing lock fault .

I've never had occasion to look inside my back doors , so can't help re that one .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom