2009 C250 W204 ECU wiring Loom Clip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danbha

Car
Mercedes C250 CDI 2009
Hi Guys, It appears one of the red clip latches that locks the ECU wiring loom into the ECU has snapped on my car.

I am now unable to unplug the loom from the ECU, are the any easier ways to remove it without the clip? Also I have searched everywhere for replacement clips to no avail..... is it even possible to get replacements? I cant be the only person who has had this problem.

this is what I am looking for..... anyone able to advise if these can be bought anywhere?
Clip.PNG

Check the connector for the manufacturers name / part number. Amp/Tyco( now TE connectivity) use to be king in this type of automotive connector, worth checking professional electronic component distributors (RS Components, Farnell) they may help:)
Your broken handle acts as a cam to extract the plug, you still should be able to extract it.

hey guys, same thing just happened to me, that red cam/clip is really weak... does anyone know the mb part number for that half of the engine bay loom?

I was trying to move it and the air box out of the way, totally forgot I can leave it plugged in and the loom un clips from the airbox, the ecu unbolts and the entire assembly folds up out of the way

Does anyone know the part number for this half of the Engine Harness? I can't find it it in the ECP, happy to provide my VIN if anyone can help.

I am now having issues, with the engine in limp mode and an OBD scanner reporting issues with CDI and many engine temp sensors, the connector was pushed back in and a few cable ties strapped round to hold it in until i can get it fixed, it was doing ok until today 🤦‍♂️.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom