2009 E-class, many more details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
hmm , i say this every time and then go back on my words once im used to it but .... I think i prefer my current E class to that one.

I'd have a W124 myself.

I'd have a W124 myself.

im normally a complete sucker once i drive em. Im like the guy out of the vicar of dibley.

no no no no no no , yes go on ill take one.

Looks like they've nicked the BxW twirly knob navigator thingy. Or is that for something else?

Looks like they've nicked the BxW twirly knob navigator thingy. Or is that for something else?

all the german cars seem to have them now in some form or other. C and S class also have twirly knob thingy!

i like it!

one thing i liked about my 7 series was that, like the W221 S class, the gear shift is on the steering column, leaving the centre part for the iDrive controls.

i think they have took a step backwards with the new 7 on this part,

but back to mercs - looks classy. Pleased to see MB is continuing the column shifter on the new E. Its definatly the way forward.

I like it too!

Think that the new design is a step in the right direction. The current E class design is very outdated (unlike the W124 which is very classy still!).

The column shifter is a great idea as it free's up alot of space for odds'n'sods.

Can't wait to drive one, pref either the new 350 CGI or 500.

Nice looking Ford.

It looks ok.

I can't see the point of the E350 bluetec, when the E350 CDI is faster and produces simlar MPG.

It looks ok.

I can't see the point of the E350 bluetec, when the E350 CDI is faster and produces simlar MPG.

I think the bluetec car is designed to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions. MB have introduced bluetec cars in the US where, in some states anyway, NOx emission limits are much lower than here.

I like it too!

Think that the new design is a step in the right direction. The current E class design is very outdated (unlike the W124 which is very classy still!).

Front looks way to fussy. The AG version looks like they're trying to cross a Cadillac and an Audi while taking the inside from a BMW and Jag. It's a 'Me too' styling exercise that cheapens the brand.

You don't need to see the star on the front to know that a W124, W210, W202, W210, W211 et al are MBs.

Without the star the W204 and W212 could be anything.

The AMG kit one seems to be the only one that works, or maybe it is because it is silver and hides the stupid looking front lights better than darker colours??

OT But I keep wondering what the dog in your avatar has in its mouth

That was my last dog, who died 6 months ago. :(

I came into the kitchen to get the pie I had been cooking and it had gone off the side.

There he stood with a "Was it not for me?!" expression on his face, albeit with the tray in his mouth still!

How could you be angry with such a cute face? :rolleyes:

n683438521_174227_1298.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom