2009 E350 CDI Coupe Sport Autobox Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparky24860

Car
E350 CDI Coupe Sport
Hi Guys (and Girls!),

I've got an issue with my 2009 E350 CDI Coupe autobox, I go along my way and I notice that the it switches to Sport mode, then out, then back in, sometimes it goes out of C or S mode. Usually the box still works, sometimes I get a big jerk when changing gears, but then it goes back to normal. Sometimes the engine warning light comes in, comes up with U010 and U0401 error codes.

Now, reading up I see that there are some funny things that happen when the battery is on it's way out, sometimes it's quite hesitant to start and sometimes I get a clicking noise, I've noticed that it has the original battery in so I'm starting there. It's been well maintained by Mercedes, I know you can reset the box which is what I do and it goes back to normal again, but I get this issue coming back.

Is there anything else it could be?

Many Thanks

It might be worth having the gearbox oil level checked and possibly changed with the filter

I had a similar issue with sport mode recently. It's a 2009 E500 coupe so pretty much the same, I would imagine. Car would start off in comfort mode then switch to sports mode after a few minutes. The red light on sports mode would activate and the switch wouldn't cycle back to comfort mode.
It turned out that I had a seized rear level sensor bracket, which finally broke. The car didn't know where to set the suspension so defaulted to sports mode which lowers the suspension right down but also change the throttle response.
A new bracket was fitted for a couple of hundred quid. I didn't do it myself as its really fiddly and under the car but it's not a huge job.
I'm also due a new battery. This will be my third and you are correct, funny things do happen when the battery starts die. Windows and seat belt helpers for example.
As for your error codes, I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom