2009 G-Wagon facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2009_Mercedes_Benz_G_Class.jpg

First Look At The 2009 Mercedes-Benz G-Class

Forget the naysayers and the cynics - you have to love the classic appeal of the G-Class. Even if you don't, you still have to respect any model that's able to hold a prominent place in the Mercedes lineup for nearly 30 years. Personally, Mercedes can keep the G-Class in the model lineup for the next 100 years and I'll be more than happy to publish each and every update they make to the industrious SUV.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. For now I have to stick to the changes Mercedes is making to the G for the 2009 model year, and as you can see above, the design changes - while subtle - once again aim to bring the SUV's styling more in line with its younger siblings. Most notably, a new grille featuring three louvres has been added, replacing the former model's seven or so louvres.

Another significant change to the 2009 G-Class is in terms of power for the G500. Thanks to Mercedes' M 273 M55 KE V8, output is boosted to 285 kW (388 PS), while torque is increased to 530 Nm. Power for the G55 AMG increases as well, with total output now weighing in at 373 kW (507 PS).

And finally, the last major changes for the 2009 G-Class are in terms of equipment. New Telematics systems, new wheels and various electronics options are all available to ensure a superb level of luxury and comfort.

2009 - Details, Options & Price lists

I prefer the 2008 look myself :(

I just love that car!!
Gorgeous! -Just what a Mercedes 4x4 should be.

Awesome

The BEST 4x4 there is, it will be around when our cars are on the scappys.

Every year we go to the motorshows, every year its there..........

This year @ Geneva show

Gwag1.jpg

This would be my choice

gwag4.jpg

Knocks any pretender out of it..

Still prefer the wheels on my choice...

either way makes the ML / GL look like toys

1st pic wheels are horrible. Post #7 eyes appear to be looking 'up'.

G65 please.

Shame they removed the 3mm thick steel channel they called bumpers:( I owned a 1988 280GEL and the front and rear bumpers were awsome, it certainly did not need bull bars:D Nice looking car though, shame about the road tax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom