2009 Mercedes McLaren SLR Sterling Moss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seymansey

Car
2006 CLK 320cdi Avantgarde
McLaren_SLR_Stirling_Moss-02.jpg

The 2009 McLaren SLR Stirling Moss will officially make its debut at the Detroit Auto Show next month, but Mercedes decided to tease us with these shimmering photos of the last of the Mercedes-McLaren partnership. Designed with Stirling Moss’ 1955 300 SLR racer in mind, the 2009 SLR Stirling Moss kicks it up a notch. Based on the SLR Roadster, the Stirling Moss features carbon fiber bodywork wrapping an SLR722-supplied 650-hp supercharged 5.5-liter V8 mated to a five-speed auto. As with the SLR722, the Stirling Moss can reach a top speed of 217 mph and will reach 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.
The roofless Stirling Moss features smaller "swing-doors" with a two-piece tonneau cover that can cover either the entire cockpit or just the passenger side. A retractable air brake, like the one on the Veyron, automatically deploys during hard braking from speeds above 75mph.
The 2009 Mercedes McLaren SLR Stirling Moss is limited to just 75 units. The cost of entry into this exclusive club will run you just north of $1,100,000, putting it just a bit out of our price range.

Source: http://jalopnik.com/5113933/2009-mercedes-mclaren-slr-sterling-mossjalopnik.com

The bodywork and attention to detail looks incredible.

But the wheels look like they havnt bothered, and just used what ever was lying around.

Nice, but I must agree, the wheels don't do much for it.

As with the SLR722, the Stirling Moss can reach a top speed of 217 mph and will reach 60 mph in 3.5 seconds.

I'll be wanting to wear some very good wind deflecting glasses in my open top SLR at 217mph and some dental floss to extract the flies :)

That looks amazing.

Ugly, ugly, ugly. Give me a normal SLR any day of the week (someone, please?).

Headlights look like they've been lifted from a B class

Last edited:
McLaren FI, the best.

I think this is a beautiful beautiful car , let down badly by average wheels ...

Orders in quick as stopping production next year...

The car is only a 3D drawing. Not a full production spec.

If it were a true Stirling Moss car it would not need those power lines on the hood. It could have been a smooth surfaced car and still done the job just as well.

I wonder how long before some Polish guy makes one of these out of a Mazda MX-5 / Miata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom