2009 S-class Drivers Door Mirror Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dazzc

Car
Mercedes E200 2000
Hi all.
Can I start by thanking everyone for the time and effort they put into this forum. I've found it very interesting and helpful.
This is my first post on here so be gentle with me.

I have a 2009 S Class. Last week the drivers door mirror didn't seem to be opening into the open position when I started the ignition. The mirror is now folded probably 80% open but it won't move anymore. The mirror lens still moves by the electric switch but the mirror housing won't move. It does seem loose though.

I don't want to jump in with both feet and either ..
A. Buy another mirror (in case it's only a pin or cog that has slipped or needs lubricating
B. It's a common fault with an easy solution

I'll try and upload a video tomorrow to give a better idea.
Thanks in advance

Well it is a fairly common fault,I get it sometimes,on the drivers side,as I open the door the door mirrors should deploy out,sometimes the drivers one does not so I just slam the door and it opens to it's correct position,other people have used a spray like wd40,or the spray grease you can buy in a aerosol to lubricate the inside of the door mirror when it is in it's parked position,you could also remove the cover on the inside of the door this will expose the connections just make certain all are secure,the major problem that you hope it is not, is that one of about nine wires has broken this will involve removal and something I would get my Indy to tackle,if you look on the command change the opening to when you open the door instead of turning the key,this will give you the chance of "solving" the fault like I do,great cars very complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom