2009 S320 - Weird problem with the seat getting stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Supercharger

Car
W221 S600 V12 Bi-Turbo
Hello all

A good friend of mine has a 2009 S320 CDi and has ran into a somewhat strange situation.

He moved the seat all the forward to clean up underneath it, and on trying to move it all the way back it now only comes about half way back and stops. At this point if you try and move it back from the button on the door you can hear the motor "click" under the seat but theres no movement. Forward of this point the seat works perfectly fine, forwards and backwards.

It also moves up and down as it should, and reclines normally as well.

Is this a motor getting jammed at some point or a runner thats the problem? Even been told this might be some kind of a setting he's accidentally triggered which only allows the seat to come back so far, but cant find much info on this and theres nothing on STAR that looks like it can apply or remove this setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Could well be something jammed in a runner, the motor will shut down if it sends an obstruction for safety reasons - check them both

Its now only moving one side back and forward, the other side of the seat is stuck in the same position. I had a guess that it was the motor playing up rather than the runners.

A bit of online investigating has shown this, and it might be more common than we think.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The real problem now we've got is that the seat wont come far enough back for me to access the front 2 bolts to remove the seat. Is there any other way to remove it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom