2009 - W211 E220 Cdi - Rough Cold Start & Idle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Olly and his team at PCS are one of the best in the business. You will get high quality work carried out at a fair price 👌👌👍
Thanks DSM, that's good to know 😊

Thanks DSM, So frustrated at the moment.....thought I'd attempt the mounts today and start on driver side but can't actually see a way of getting old mount out and the the new mount in without removing the DPF/turbo etc and I'm really low on time and confidence in myself at the moment. Passenger and trans mount are perfectly accessible but drivers side looks an absolute pig 😭
There will be a way, perhaps raising the engine slightly once the mounts are disconnected. I’ve managed to do a few in the past, just take your time and you’ll beat it!

Thanks Colin, was that the E220 OM646 engine that you've had success with? I did wonder about lifting the engine but it all just looked so bloody packed in. I have a day off work tomorrow with no 5yr old to constantly harass me so may have another bash.
Last one I did was an R170 SLK - you won’t get a tighter space!

I felt I should come back and finish the story off on this. Car went to 2 indies and nothing conclusive found mainly because it never misbehaved while it was with them which was highly frustrating. The time came around for it's yearly oil service so I thought I would throw another fuel filter (Delphi this time) at it and some more hose clamps, in fact I double clamped each line going into the fuel filter, a clamp either side of the steel pipe bulges on filter. Problem gone.....FML

So either it was a bad fuel filter (7 month old Bosch) or there was tiny amounts of air being drawn into the fuel system from a badly sealed fuel pipe. Needless to say the car runs great now that I have changed most of the frigging fuel system 😳🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom