2009 w212 E 250 increase horse power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eduard

Car
Mercedes E class W212 59 reg
I have a question but before that I want to thank you all for your time. please tell me what you think is the cheapest, safest and best option to increase horsepower to a Mercedes E 250 W 212? ?

I have a question but before that I want to thank you all for your time. please tell me what you think is the cheapest, safest and best option to increase horsepower to a Mercedes E 250 W 212? ?

Remap. It took mine up to 254bhp and 600nm torque for £300.

Thank you for the answers. in my search to see what is the best option I have found sites that want £ 450 and mounts you a device that you can take and put on yourself, sites that remap your car for £ 300 but without the device and mechanics that do the remap for £ 200 or cheaper. At the same time, those who do remap without a device say you have the option of doing it with dpf removal, speed limit removal or EGR removal. My question is what is the best option but also the safest? Is this remap can break the car? Thank you.

Last edited:

Firstly, cheapest is not always going to be the safest or best, maps take time and money to develop. Do you have a garage you use that could recommend somewhere?

Or just Google Mercedes Tuning and look at what is on offer then call up some companies or email them and see how they respond.

Give Acid at MSL a call, they are based in Birmingham so only an hour away from you in Nottingham. I use them regularly for my car.

Jules

Last year by Celtic Tuning
Do you own a Mercedes Benz E Class? Gain up to 27% of power!
Rolling road before and after

I also used Celtic Tuning and can strongly recommend them, probably not the cheapest, but they seem a very professional outfit.
They remapped my S205 C200 petrol estate taking it from 181bhp to 233bhp. Torque went from 221lb/ft to 291lb/ft (395Nm). These are actual figures from a dyno rolling road test. Car is now very swift with strong pulling power all the way from 1800rpm up to 6200rpm. Totally smooth with minimal turbo lag. Fuel consumption about 35mpg pottering around, a recent trip from West Sussex to Paris gave 44mpg out and 42 mpg return. Remap was done at 3000 miles, since then there have been two services at main Mercedes dealer with no problems.
Insurance went up from £360 to £430.

Cost of remap was £395 with guarantee included, I consider that very good value, I did not want any cowboys messing with my car.

Thank you for the answers. in my search to see what is the best option I have found sites that want £ 450 and mounts you a device that you can take and put on yourself, sites that remap your car for £ 300 but without the device and mechanics that do the remap for £ 200 or cheaper. At the same time, those who do remap without a device say you have the option of doing it with dpf removal, speed limit removal or EGR removal. My question is what is the best option but also the safest? Is this remap can break the car? Thank you.

Removing the DPF is illegal and will cause an MOT fail.

These guys looked pretty good (but are in the South West). Price quoted was £350 incl rolling road

Mercedes E-Class - W212 - 2009 > 2013 Remap & Tuning

After figures are even less than the out of the factory ones......should be 204bhp stock.

Yes VW as of top of sheet .

But what's naughty ?
They've taken manufacturer claimed BHP of 130 for the gains calculation when the actual before BHP from the dyno came out as 144.
The gain should be +45BHP not +59BHP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom