200d

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neilod

Car
E Class 220d Amg Line Auto
I have recently swapped a 13 plate 220 cdi for a 200d and i am very disappointed with the fuel consumption.I am getting less mpg with the 1.6 diesel.Well and truly annoyed.I estimate i am spending an extra £10 a week doing the exact same mileage to work.

Also,i only had the new car 2 weeks and some scum bag stole the 2 mirror casings,one mirror glass and the indicator switches.Well and truly sickened.They obviously knew what they were doing as they never done any damage in the process.I have now had to install Cctv as im worried they may come back when i replace the mirrors.

Looks like you are having no joy with this car, sell it. Its not what you expected it to be and it seems like you have a parts thief in your area who knows what he is looking for. Sorry to say.

It could be any number of things, maybe the smaller engine struggles a bit more to keep the car in the sweet spot.

Have you checked online to see if the smaller engine should return better mpg?

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have now had to install Cctv as im worried they may come back when i replace the mirrors.

What good will CCTV do ? All it will show is some unrecognisable person(s) wearing a hoodie and even if you could see their boat race the police won't be remotely interested in viewing the footage and investigating.

What good will CCTV do ? All it will show is some unrecognisable person(s) wearing a hoodie and even if you could see their boat race the police won't be remotely interested in viewing the footage and investigating.
If the OP installs CCTV which can recognise people and send alerts to their mobile, or an audible noise outside, then it may enable OP to act.

If the OP installs CCTV which can recognise people and send alerts to their mobile, or an audible noise outside, then it may enable OP to act.

Which may not be wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom