200mph "SL"......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivan1983

SUPPORTER
Car
R129 500SL, R170 230K, 530i Touring, ZZR 600
I actually like the colour apart from that I can't see many redeeming features

Hence the quotation marks :)
That is only one of the minor

I was reacting to the advertisement....

"This will sell for whatever auction achieves over my very low starting price"

It will be free, then, because there will be no bids...

There are so many things wrong with the advert and the car I had to post it.
What's it worth £6-7k?

Yes, but apart from the dodgy ABC, the failing ILS, the broken headlight, the wonky wheels, the chavvy body kit, the gruesome colour and the fact it won't get anywhere near 200mph I'm sure it's fine.

"This will sell for whatever auction achieves over my very low starting price"

It will be free, then, because there will be no bids...

There will be plenty of bids from sink hole dwellers without a pot to piss in who find this sort of tat very appealing.

As to whether it will actually sell .....

I wonder if the shonky, dark out of focus photographs are a marketing ploy ? At least you can't see how hideous this thing is. The ad is full of blatant untruths , 32mpg average and +200mph...never.

Add to that all of the faults on the car that he has listed.....

Seller says needs money for business all must go ...then says will PX for 'fun' Impreza or motorbike...which is it mate ?

And it's on the coast...North of Aberdeen....I'm out.

There will be plenty of bids from sink hole dwellers without a pot to piss in who find this sort of tat very appealing.

Not starting at £12,500, there won't. Add to that, a search for 'S500' won't bring it up. Searching for SL500 or SL55 will, of course, but anybody searching for one of those won't be interested. Quite apart from the rubbish ad wording, he's rather shot himself in both feet by listing it that way, unless he wants to ensure as few people as possible see the ad.

Last edited:
Those of you who have joked about it not being a 200mph have clearly not read the line "it's been remapped".

Everyone knows that an NA car running 382BHP will easily return 600BHP after a remap and it will therefore do 200mph.

... if it was to be flung into space at 200mph that is.

Those of you who have joked about it not being a 200mph have clearly not read the line "it's been remapped".

Everyone knows that an NA car running 382BHP will easily return 600BHP after a remap and it will therefore do 200mph.

... if it was to be flung into space at 200mph that is.
:p

Dear Lord :(

I wonder if the shonky, dark out of focus photographs are a marketing ploy ? At least you can't see how hideous this thing is. The ad is full of blatant untruths , 32mpg average and +200mph...never.

Add to that all of the faults on the car that he has listed.....

Seller says needs money for business all must go ...then says will PX for 'fun' Impreza or motorbike...which is it mate ?

And it's on the coast...North of Aberdeen....I'm out.
In Fraserburgh, you need to be tough to visit there!

Well it is a S500, the colour is a problem for me,the spec is ok rear seats have memory and heated,but with those few problems this will not make a lot of money,having said that the MOT's are good the car has been looked after just not for me.

It can be that fast if you do the change of keeper online. I was amazed when the V5 for my E350 came through in less than a week after I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom