200mph +

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Not been about much (well, at all) recently, new business has taken all my time, plus the wedding, and my other half being ill as well, but now just about back and catching up with the forum!!

Anyway, to the point, I had the pleasure of driving back from Germany a couple of weeks ago and managing to crack 200mph, nice long straight bit so kept my foot down, and just cracked 200mph before backing off for thinking I had seen a police car in the distance (which turned out to be a clio with a roof rack reflecting the sun!!)

Recon I could have got to 210mph plus, I nearly turned back round and went for another go but ferry was waiting :D

:bannana: Woo Hoo !!!!

:rock:

nice...:cool: but no pic or video of the speedo?..:D

ADY1983 said:
nice...:cool: but no pic or video of the speedo?..:D

I know, wish I could have got a pic, but other half was not amused and refused to use camera (and take her hands off of the door handles!)

You just need a set of wings now Maff... you would have been able to fly back to england :)

Nice one. Wondered where you had been for a while now. Take it nothing ever came of the ASTON?

Any chance I could but some life insurance on you?

200. well done.

i got an oil leak! pah!

Somebody has to say it. On public roads this is grossly irresponsible. Just because it is in theory allowed does not mean to say taht it matches any level of common sense.
As one who drives there regularly I dread seeing somebody in my mirror driving this way. The accidents that occur at this speed are horrendous and usually involve other innocents besides massive inconvenience to others. This was highlighted in the case of Turbo Rolf, a Mercedes test driver who drove in this way and caused an accident.
Given the amount of traffic on the autobahns, the density of trucks and the frequency of speed limited areas it is amazing that you could find anywhere to do this legally. As there are plenty of speed cameras around you may yet star again.

I'm sure Matt made a judgement to whether it was safe or not - my only qualm Matt, would be that you did it with your wife in the car who was obviously not happy. If a bird had flown into the windscreen and you'd lost control - could you forgive yourself if just you walked away?

Taking the odd risk now and then makes us feel alive. dead impressed.:rock:

Sweet speed demon! Tut tut you bad boy....... :devil:

Yup, agree with some of your thoughts, and I didn't put my foot down without thinking first.

I am very comfortable with this car to 200mph ish speeds having driving 50+ times down Bruntingthorpe runway into 190's each time.

The un-restricted road I was on in Germany was at least 4 miles straight (I only need 2.3 miles from start to stop to get to 200), the only car on the road being the one I mentioned in the first post which I saw once I was doing200, then I slowed down quickly. This was on an early Sunday morning as well.

Thus the only person who was in danger was me and my passenger, however I choose to pay money and put myself into this same danger with passengers everytime I go to Bruntingthorpe.

Hope this helps.

No laws were broken. No-one was harmed. Maff's judgement is probably as sound or sounder than most other people's in this situation, and it wasn't like it was his first high speed foray.

Unless someone else on this forum was there they don't really have any business saying what's safe and what isn't in my opinion.

Regarding his fiance, well, he's the only one who's got to deal with her being upset. :)

Yep, plus Helen has been up to 160mph as well with me being a passenger, and that’s much more scary than doing 200!! (especially when she drove through the brake point at Bruntingthorpe and kept going!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Welcome back Maff...

Congratulations on your wedding... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom