200te kombi head gasket advise please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rybone

Car
200 te
Hello everyone I'm the proud owner of a lovely midnight blue 200te h reg kombi. I love it! I've sorted the weird suspension out. And the weird radio.and re soldered the conections for the kickdown box. And the leaking sun roof. Beautiful. Only now a bit of a problem she's lossing water and I reckon it's the head gasket judging by the pressure in the system apart from being a bit temperamental occasionally starting (when only semi warm it seems, its quite rare) there are no other symptoms I'm going to test for fumes though I'm not sure what good that will do as I'm a bit set on this. So PLEASE has any one got any advice. Especially on ways of nailing down that this is the problem and if there are any special specific tools I will need as I plan to do the job myself because I'm a idiot. Many thanks in advance!

Okay so here's where I'm at. Did a leak test with yellow. Oh dear. Making a list of shiz that I'll need . Here we go

Went yellow. Not ,with yellow. Don't you love predictive txt ! Imagine if nuts
and bolts changed stuff for you thinking they know better!

When you take the head off, get it checked properly as they suffer from corrosion. It can be welded up and milled flat again depending how bad it is.

Thanks dude I'd been going over that in my mind I'm dreading what state its going to be in! Mind you I've only seen a toyota head that was completely f'ed up I've always thought that most are salvageable with some tlc. I've been working the **** off the poor old girl just recently so that's not great but she's a real tank and she's gonna pull through ! I'll heed your advice and get a pro to cast an eye. Appreciate the heads up. I've a question if ya don't mind will a wizzy gun get the fan off or do I need to make/ buy a holder?, thanks in advance ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom