2010 C Class 220cdi SE (UK model) - interior parking brake pedal too high!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sculpey

Car
2010 C Class 220CDi
I'm hoping someone has an answer to my problem. I've undergone a total left hip replacement and lifting my foot up to the parking brake pedal is now proving to be a challenge.

Question - is there a way to lower the level of the parking brake pedal - at present it is sitting much higher than the clutch pedal. I've already established there's no Hold Function on the brakes on this 2010 car. Many thanks.

Clutch ???

Thing is with the brake pedal handbrake , its applied by pushing it down. You might be able to loosen something and spin it around a bit , but then you won't be able to apply it fully , id imagine ??

I'm hoping someone has an answer to my problem. I've undergone a total left hip replacement and lifting my foot up to the parking brake pedal is now proving to be a challenge.

Question - is there a way to lower the level of the parking brake pedal - at present it is sitting much higher than the clutch pedal. I've already established there's no Hold Function on the brakes on this 2010 car. Many thanks.

Looking the mechanism, I don't think so... some photos here:

Perhaps you could use a short stick with a flat pad to push it down? Given that your impairment is temporary (a few weeks?).

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was hoped someone had already done a "get round" - maybe by the settings in the pedal box.....?

Clutch ???

Thing is with the brake pedal handbrake , its applied by pushing it down. You might be able to loosen something and spin it around a bit , but then you won't be able to apply it fully , id imagine ??
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was hoped someone had already done a "get round" - maybe by the settings in the pedal box.....? (sorry - didn't reply in the correct way in the first instance!!)

I'll give you a clue , many a left leg / ankle / foot is compromised hense the purchase of an automatic Mercedes with a left foot parking brake .

The parking brake can be successfully be operated by.....

I'll give you a clue , many a left leg / ankle / foot is compromised hense the purchase of an automatic Mercedes with a left foot parking brake .

The parking brake can be successfully be operated by.....
Thank you for responding......

Come on...

Left parking foot brake can be successfully applied with the heal of a toe-out right foot !

Looks like you don't have an automatic - which is a bit unfortunate.

I would suggest you maybe try an independent MB workshop and see if they'd be able to offer advice about altering the pedal - it might be possible to cut/fabricate one that is a bit lower. They might be able to do it in-house or recommend somebody to get one made up. Problem is that it might not be low enough depending on the clearance. I'd suggest that if this is tried look at the option of getting it done on a replacement pedal so the old one can be refitted.

Looks like you don't have an automatic - which is a bit unfortunate.

I would suggest you maybe try an independent MB workshop and see if they'd be able to offer advice about altering the pedal - it might be possible to cut/fabricate one that is a bit lower. They might be able to do it in-house or recommend somebody to get one made up. Problem is that it might not be low enough depending on the clearance. I'd suggest that if this is tried look at the option of getting it done on a replacement pedal so the old one can be refitted.
Thanks for your reply.

We have considered an adaptation..... typical responses .....”that’ll cost a fair bit to do” or “not worth the hassle”.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom