2010 C350cdi Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael111

Car
Mercedes C350CDI
Hi All
Picked up my 2010 c class 350cd
smile.gif
i last week it is dark blue with the light grey leather interior 11500 on the clock. Had a good experience from Mercedes Retail in Birmingham they got very very near to the part exchange offered by my current bmw dealer Soper of Lincoln and with the next 3 services included I feel I got an excellent deal.

At the moment I am over the moon with the car, after a load of problems with a bmw 320d coupe
icon13.gif
it is a relief to drive a solid car.

A few early thoughts-

I think the car looks fantastic (I have the sport model).
Interior quality beats the bmw in my opinion.
3.0L engine is a delight loads of power on tap yet it is quiet and smooth.
Ride is firm but not crashy like the bmw.
Comand system is more complicated than the bmw i drive and it was a real ball ache to get my phone numbers transferred from my i phone. However I am getting the hang of it.
Fuel economy is a bit poor in mixed driving but I have been having fun so I guess this will improve.
Folding mirrors make a bit of a racket when they fold in! Is this the norm?

Will try to post some pictures at some point.

Cheers Michael.

Hi All
smile.gif
i last week it is dark blue with the light grey leather interior 11500 on the clock. Had a good experience from Mercedes Retail in Birmingham they got very very near to the part exchange offered by my current bmw dealer Soper of Lincoln and with the next 3 services included I feel I got an excellent deal.

At the moment I am over the moon with the car, after a load of problems with a bmw 320d coupe
icon13.gif
it is a relief to drive a solid car.

A few early thoughts-

I think the car looks fantastic (I have the sport model).
Interior quality beats the bmw in my opinion.
3.0L engine is a delight loads of power on tap yet it is quiet and smooth.
Ride is firm but not crashy like the bmw.
Comand system is more complicated than the bmw i drive and it was a real ball ache to get my phone numbers transferred from my i phone. However I am getting the hang of it.
Fuel economy is a bit poor in mixed driving but I have been having fun so I guess this will improve.

Will try to post some pictures at some point.

Cheers Michael.

They are both great cars. Ive never had any problems with Mercedes or BMW interiors.

The comand bluetooth system is out of the ark , its crap. The whole BMW telematics system blows comand away. The new flash/hard drive based bmw systems with full telematics integration are the ones to beat and mercedes just can't come close. But , it depends on how often youre phonebook changes or how many people use the car as its only got one phonebook as bmw has one for every driver.

Take the car back and they will lube the mirrors , they should be fairly silent when folding.

The comand bluetooth system is out of the ark , its crap. The whole BMW telematics system blows comand away. The new flash/hard drive based bmw systems with full telematics integration are the ones to beat and mercedes just can't come close. But , it depends on how often youre phonebook changes or how many people use the car as its only got one phonebook as bmw has one for every driver.

I have actually been really impressed with the comand system in my new car. Bluetooth works as it should with everything syncing first time and things like Bluetooth Audio (so I can have Spotify playing in the car) really working well. Maybe it's because I don't have an iPhone.

The only thing that I am disappointed about is that the system does not have it's own data connection (like iDrive) and instead relies on the connected phone for data however the format used is unsupported by iPhone or Android. I have read however that there is a fix for this due in Q1 so fingers crossed.

I didn't need to transfer any contacts from my iphone to the car. When the phone automatically connects via BT the contacts are available...

Apparently there's an app for android that supports the relevant bluetooth networking protocol for tethering. I have an iphone though so have no experience with it.

I read somewhere that the proposed future iphone fix involves purchasing a new bluetooth module from MB, which sounds pricey!

Apparently there's an app for android that supports the relevant bluetooth networking protocol for tethering. I have an iphone though so have no experience with it.

I read somewhere that the proposed future iphone fix involves purchasing a new bluetooth module from MB, which sounds pricey!

MB choose to use Dial Up Networking (DUN) which is very different to the tethering we are all used to on our modern smart phones.

I do have the application for Android that claims to do this however have not yet had chance to have a proper play with it. I am also told it can hammer the battery which on a smart phone is a big deal.

And to be fair, if my smartphone is in the car, it's actually easier just to use that to get online anyway.

As for the fix.

It's just a shame that Apple can't follow standards like everybody else. Sure they sell a lot of phones but they are far from the biggest handset manufacturer so why should they be any different?

Hi All
smile.gif
i last week

My nearside mirror had the same problem and lubrication didn't help - new mirror under warranty, now no prob...:D

Congrats on new car, hope you enjoy it...

Hi
I had to turn all my contacts into V cards then save them to a card and upload them via the card slot. Once I had done this it was fine and they uploaded straight away to my phone book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom