2010 C350CDi vs 08 Lex GS450H

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Couple of friends were wondering, what's faster?

Well I was wondering till today.. Lex is a monster, that thing doesn't hang about!:eek:

350CDi Blue efficiency model didn't stand a chance!:eek:

The 350CDi is going for the Brabus soon, so i'm sure they will try again.

The Lexus is about 350bhp, so I'd have been surprised that the C350 could make up for around 100bhp less...

Lexus 0-62 in 5.9
350CDi in 6.2 so wouldn't of thought it's a big difference in the real world considering the C is allot lighter, and has allot more Torque.

But the lex doesn't change gear, only has one gear, that's an advantage already!, haha

Apparently it's beaten 2008 335i coupe from 0-160mph!

The 350CDi is going for the Brabus soon, so i'm sure they will try again.

Don't expect it to make a huge difference, and if you want to stand a chance on a 0-60 dash, best to practise a bit in manual mode first. Economy doesn't turn on the power, and in Sport it runs out of torque at the high end so you surge nicely till about 3500 rpm and then it dies. Hooking up a gear with your foot down in Sport appears to do nothing - progress becomes glacial till it hits 4000 when it changes up, and then you go through the whole cycle again. Very frustrating.

I've driven both of these car's and the 350CDi seem to pull you back better, but the speedo on the lex just kept pulling and pulling better and better as it carried more speed, it really shines after 90-100

I know what you mean about the power ending too soon on the 350 though, exactly what I thought too!

In general a car with an electric motor will have a vast amount on seamless torque right from rest.

I might give the new E300 Hybrid a go.

the C is allot lighter, and has allot more Torque.

Torque which is then blunted by typical Diesel gearing...unlike the petrol's ability to run in a lower ratio, magnifying torque.

Torque at the flywheel is meaningless - the car accelerates courtesy of the torque at the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom