2010 C63 Estate --> 2014 535i Touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RWDpetrol

Car
N/A
I went to test drive a 535d Touring yesterday, amazing car but a diesel so today I did a deal on the only used 535i Touring on the BMW AUC site nationally. It's a Mar-14 car in Carbon Black and apart from the typical M Sport Plus Package, Media Package, Xenons etc it has a Panoramic roof, speed limit display and soft close doors.

What will I miss about the C63? The exhaust sound. Anything else? No bloody way, not even the performance. The BMW is leagues ahead in all other areas:

- iDrive touch (even the version before is better than Comand)
- More room, nicer interior, and generally a much better quality car
- Also like the split tailgate, proper isofix anchor points, great infotainment screen, black colour and it smells new with under 3k miles
- It's a Q car (I don't think AMG, //M or RS cars are Q-cars, they all stand out a mile)
- Run flat tyres: I love them
- Much better gearbox
- The way it looks grown up not trying to capture a new generation

For those interested in C63s, after 11 months (bought 3 years old) mine cost:
£6200 in depreciation
Two full sets of tyres
One service at c£620
Oil seal at £186
Bush rubber replaced under warranty
10k miles at around 17mpg average on V Power
Tax at £490

I swap over this weekend. I've always been a BMW man and it feels like coming home after a looong business trip. I know AMGs are great cars but I just didn't gel with my 'c class'.

Apples and oranges...

Congratulations to you though. The current 5 series is the first one I've liked the look of since the E34.

With regards the COMAND, and I do agree that Mercedes are generally behind on tech, keep in mind that your C-Class first came out in 2007, whereas your 5 series came out in 2010.

I have the 335d which is probably the same engine. In every way apart from the exhaust sound the BMW is better engineered and handles better, even with 4 wheel drive.

I do accept that my C was 2010 so a generation older.

Do you have the adaptive LED headlights? They are very clever.

I have the 335d which is probably the same engine.

Do you have the adaptive LED headlights? They are very clever.

I went for a 35i not 35d, which would have been same engine as yours. No adaptive headlights but did have them (but not LED!) on my e60 M5 - although very clever not on my must have list.

Re better engineering, don't start on the squeak and rattles of a c class although to be fair mine was fine.

Last edited:
The 5 series is an E Class equivalent though, rather than C Class?

Read properly the forums about that engine reliability and issues and then compare it to a mercedes !!!!!I know everyone is entitled to have its own opinion but comparing a 535i to a C63AMG really !!!!!

The 5 series is an E Class equivalent though, rather than C Class?

I know and BMW don't make a //M estate so there really isn't a comparison to a c63 or e63 estate. I was just comparing my old vs my new.

Read properly the forums about that engine reliability and issues and then compare it to a mercedes !!!!!I know everyone is entitled to have its own opinion but comparing a 535i to a C63AMG really !!!!!

Sshhh, don't shout, its late.

What should I compare it to? I'm not a journalist, just comparing it to what I bought.

I wouldn't buy the new c63amg just because they come down from 6.2l to 4.0l , so coming from 6.2 V8 hand built to a straight 6 ......!!
No thanks!!!

I wouldn't buy the new c63amg just because they come down from 6.2l to 4.0l , so coming from 6.2 V8 hand built to a straight 6 ......!!
No thanks!!!

And a great 6.2 it is too hence why been there, done that necessary. Just a shame the rest of the car is a pile of sh*t.

What the bmw don't say that you just bought it!!!
I bet the sales man loved you one more 535i I didn't have to give away !!!!:D

What the bmw don't say that you just bought it!!!
I bet the sales man loved you one more 535i I didn't have to give away !!!!:D

Lucky him and lucky me because, again....the c class as a car was sh*t. (Apologies everyone else, but I need to make extreme comments to get my point across to c36fan).

If it's all about engines then how dare I buy a V8 AMG when my previous M5 had a V10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a great 6.2 it is too hence why been there, done that necessary. Just a shame the rest of the car is a pile of sh*t.

That's a bit of an unfair comment. It may be a C Class with a glorious engine, but " the rest of the car is a pile of sh*t" smacks of an owner who never really wanted a C63 in the first place.

Get in an 2014 E63 bi-turbo then compare it to your Beemer. I know which one I'd take, and it wouldn't have been built in Bavaria:D

Enjoy your new car anyway and stick around the forum.

Made by Heinz !!!! Well at least they sound like that !!!!

That's a bit of an unfair comment. It may be a C Class with a glorious engine, but " the rest of the car is a pile of sh*t" smacks of an owner who never really wanted a C63 in the first place.

Get in an 2014 E63 bi-turbo then compare it to your Beemer. I know which one I'd take, and it wouldn't have been built in Bavaria:D

Enjoy your new car anyway and stick around the forum.

Correct, I didn't want a C63, I wanted a M3 estate but there isn't one. So I tried the C63, it was an experience. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Why compare a E63 with 535i? If you're generally comparing cars then compare it with a M5.

AMGeed said:
That's a bit of an unfair comment. It may be a C Class with a glorious engine, but " the rest of the car is a pile of sh*t" smacks of an owner who never really wanted a C63 in the first place. Get in an 2014 E63 bi-turbo then compare it to your Beemer. I know which one I'd take, and it wouldn't have been built in Bavaria:D Enjoy your new car anyway and stick around the forum.
that weird letters and numbers at end of my sentence means thumbs up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom