2010 CLC 180 remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sihowat

Car
2010 CLC 180 Kompressor Sport
Anyone had their 180 Kompressor remapped?

Saw a fairly local company advertising remaps on Facebook, thought it's work a message. Not massive gains but not a massive cost either. What's your thoughts?

This is what the guy sent me

Not huge gains on this one, you should see 165bhp and 250nm of torque, that's compared to the standard figures of 143bhp and 220nm of torque. That's about a 15% improvement. Cost for this would be £140 and it can take up to 2 hrs to do.

So how it works is, I do an ID and Read of your ecu via the diagnostic port. I send these 2 files via email to my boss/tuner, he works on the file and sends me the calibrated file which I write to the ecu. Its pretty straightforward to be honest, it's my boss who does the technical stuff and he's been tuning cars his whole working life.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I had a W203 with the 1.8L 143bhp M271 Kompressor engine for 9 years... I looked at remapping on several occasions and the consensus at the time was that it does not work - the only way to get more power from this engine is through hardware upgrades (larger Kompressor pully etc). So I never remapped it.

I obviously can't comment on the speciffic product you mentioned, but based on my own research I would be suspicious of such promises of power and torque increase.

I just messaged the guy purely out of curiosity. I looked at another company who offered very similar figures for 250. I'd prefer to get proof of any power increases with a remap but the cost of that is going to be more.

Do I really need more power to drive to work and back and probably get less mpg?

There's company in Durham that I might contact who come highly recommended who I might contact.

Yeah, I think it could have been them. I think a local garage and a place in Carlisle offer their maps.

That's the place in Durham

Vehicles Covered - Durham Remaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom