2010 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition... Opinions and what to watch out for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mpck

Car
Cls Cdi
Hi All,

I am after selling my 2007 Cls CDI and it served me very well, touch wood.

I'm now looking at a 2010 Cls CDI 350 Grand Edition.

Is there anything I should look out for? I've found one for sale in the UK and about to pay the deposit on it and then collect it on Wednesday all going well.

Any feedback or advice welcome!

Thanks,
Mark

Usual checks I guess. I have 2010 350 GE and love it. Try and make sure it has Navigation Map updates if buying from a main dealer (not that many in MB dealer network though). Also, as they came with the Brabus chip make sure it's still there as any re-map requires the chip to be removed. Had mine almost 4 years and 60k miles with no issues other then general wear items and glow plug module. Lots of torque so can eat rear tyres but other then that all very similar to your 320.

Not buying from a main dealer getting it from a used car sales garage. When you say Brabus Chip do you mean a remap? I would like at getting it remapped afterwards so...

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it! I expect the rear tyres to come and go!!!!

Hi. The grand editions came with a brabus chip from the factory which is why they are circa 270bhp. Celtic advised me that to get more (which is possible) that the brabus chip would need to be removed. These are quite sought after hence some have been sold on in part to cover the cost of the remap. Cheers.

Cool I get you now!

Perfect.

Thanks Gareth.

You'll have difficulty finding a non GE CLS without parking sensors but surprisingly easy to to a GE without!

Start it from cold , the colder the better.

Extended cranking points to glow plugs / relay.

Rear tyres are expensive should they be required.

Main dealer servicing is pricey, but aren't they all.

Thirsty around town , 25mpg.

As mentioned , not much more to be had from the engine with the box fitted , I have never found mine lacking but is the gearbox was a bit more lively then it would improve the cars driveability.

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom