2010 CLS 350 CDI Grand edition vent sliders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jacko1971

Car
2013 CLS 350 CDI. Tenorite grey.
A few of my air vent sliders arent working correctly. On a couple of the vents when I move the slider a couple of the directional bars dont move at all, as if they have detached from the slider itself. Is this an easy fix? Do I have to remove them to fix this and if so I do how do I do this? I dont want to start riving at anything if its going to break it
Seems trivial and it shouldnt bother me but you know how it is...........
Thanks in advance

Managed to sort this out for myself. My centre vents were beginning to get on my nerves as they'd make a noise as they flapped from one side to another as I was going round corners !

Used a puller hook to get the centre vent unit out. Put the hook in about 2 vent slots down on the left side initially and gave it a little tug. Then did the same on the right. The unit came out very easily. No screws to remove. Turns out that the plastic bar that connects the vanes to each other when you push the slider in the middle of the vent was only connected to one vane. This was the same for both drivers and passenger side vents. (secured to furthest left vane in both instances)
Managed to get the remaining retaining slots on the plastic bar thats attached to the slider lined up with the locating pins on the vanes themselves but it appears that the retaining section on the pin on the centre vane has broken off. (both vents) This means the plastic bar will not stay secured to the vanes. Ended up gluing the plastic bar into position on the vanes, ensuring the vanes were centralised before I did so. Not a perfect fix as it means my vanes are now in one position and cant be moved left or right. I can move the flow up and down obviously as its a different section of the vent that controls that and I can also close off the flow. I can live with that though until I get a new vent unit. Cant imagine this is a new fault. Anyone else got or had similar issues?

Apologies if this description is a bit unclear. I know what I'm TRYING to describe !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've got the same problem with the centre vents on my ML.. except that the Slider/knob thing has gone missing completely. Very irritating for such a trivial failure.

I'm looking around for another Mercedes vent to canibalise a slider from as ML ones, especially light grey ones, never appear on ebay..

One day, maybe.

Good tip on getting the vent out, I hope its the same on mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom