2010 E-class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big thumbs down from me. It looks like a Japanese car aimed at the American market.

the back is a disaster .. looks like a bland Korean design with no imagination

the back is a disaster .. looks like a bland Korean design with no imagination

I followed a W204 estate the other day and the back of that looks really awful and over styled.

I think that's just the way things are in the design department these days. If BMW can go a bit off the rails then MB feels it has to follow them just for the sake of proving they can be just as tasteless.

The rear whilst is nice but very generic looking. To me it looks like the rear of a 2009 Hyundai Sonata:

hyundai_sonata_limited_2009_exterior_angularrear_640x480.jpg

I'm not very keen on the front, particularly the way the bonnet appears to sit on the front wings and the Lexus GS series copy-cat head lamps. There also to me looks like a bit of Cadillac CTS in the design as well from the top part of the wings upwards and the roof profile

cadillac_cts_web.jpg

Overall, I'm disappointed.

Does anyone know if the new E will go down the same path as the C with the Sport v. SE exterior styling?

Can't say I like the look of the W212. I guess you might have to see one on the road as it may seem more appealing, for example I think the W204 always seems more impressive when I see one rather than in a picture.

For me the W211 at current prices would be a much better bet.

I guess you might have to see one on the road as it may seem more appealing, for example I think the W204 always seems more impressive when I see one rather than in a picture.

Well the current S class design (W221) has been around for sometime and its still hasn't grown on me. Yuk! :eek:

It has to be about the ugliest car Mercedes has ever produced. I mean what were the designers smoking when they came up with the design for W221???

The old w124's had elegant simple lines that even today it looks so classy, this car will age eve faster than the round eyed bug e-class.

cheers guys

but thats what MB want - they want it to be out of date in 7 or 8 years time, so that people will buy the newer model and the facelift when it happens.

very dissapointed..the W211 is a beauty..ages well..the new E class is ncie at the front but awful back..Looking at how pretty the S class, Cl class and even the CLS, where did it all go wrong with the E class..It is meant to be the big seller..Very worried when competition is strong now in the market..

very dissapointed..the W211 is a beauty..ages well..the new E class is ncie at the front but awful back..Looking at how pretty the S class, Cl class and even the CLS, where did it all go wrong with the E class..It is meant to be the big seller..Very worried when competition is strong now in the market..

I have an S-class but I prefer the W212 looks over the W221. Then again, I have an E-class too which to me looks good, better than the W210 (I would not say better or worse than the W212). But what is your honest opinion about the W210 owner's view against the looks of a W211? After all, they have a car designed by Bruno Sacco.

Those looks give me the perfect excuse not to trade in my 211!

but thats what MB want - they want it to be out of date in 7 or 8 years time, so that people will buy the newer model and the facelift when it happens.

I hate to say I am inclined to agree with this cynical ploy. BMW are at it and time will not be kind to its current range.

Look how the press pics look, the car is virtually under darkness and ultimately quite hard to make out the details - why is this. Because its a clunker. Hold on to them 211's is what I say. A timeless design and a good car underneath - which I am sure the 212 will be.

As with all new Mercedes, 1st impressions are yuk. give it a while and you will 'get' it.

Its not the skin its whats within! My 124 220TE, 274K an rising. The buyers of new "E's" pass on, in the legacy (is that a Honda?) the build, the presence and the quality icon. Buy a new one? No not me. The choice is this. Turn up in a BM? nah. Maybe turn up in a Lexus - (Oversized Toyota) Please! SAAB? Re-skinned Vectra come on. Listen we have a huge marque here. Let us know we drive them for a reason and that reason is - Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom