2010 E250 C207 - intermittent electrical faults!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HairyBreeks

Car
E250 CGI coupe
Hi All, new member here and hoping for a bit of advice. I've recently bought a 2010 E250 petrol, and although the car seemed great on the test drive, it actually has a series of intermittent electrical faults.

These include the radio losing reception (this is pretty much the whole time now, but occasionally comes back), the adaptive main beams packing up and just staying on dipped beam (turning engine off and on re-starts them), the boot hand release sometimes works and sometimes not, the boot interior light sometimes works and sometimes not, the rear windows occasionally stutter when closing!!

Together these really spoil the enjoyment of the car and I understand why the last owner sold it! None of the above present as faults when running diagnostics, as I've had this done twice now.

Its clear something has happened in the cars past to result in all these faults, but I've had the car looked at by MB during a recall and apparently it hasn't had any major accident damage.

Does anyone on the forum know of a good auto-electrical fault finding firm, as I don't even want to consider what a MB main dealer would charge to start fault finding? Any suggestions much appreciated..

Boot release could just be the springs which is common rather than electrical. Up at the top of the boot on either side you will see a couple of horizontal coils. These are the tension springs and often need greasing up for the boot to actually rise.

I would start with checking both batteries to make sure they are in good condition and fully charged.

I agree with Stu. There are too many non connected faults there to pinpoint any individual problem. The Auxiliary battery is the prime target here.

Roger

Thanks Both for the replies.

Yes, I agree they are such a random selection of faults it makes diagnosis difficult. To be honest if I could just get the radio and adaptive lights to work I could accept the others. I'll check the aux battery as suggested.

Do you know where the FM amplifier is located on these C207 models, as I heard that this may solve the radio reception issue?

With the screen mounted camera unit for the adaptive lights, can these just be swapped out for another unit from a similar model to test if thats the problem? (or is some reprogramming needed once a new unit goes in?)

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom