2010 E350 CDI, Cold Starts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattyfish16

Car
E350 CDi AMG Sport Coupe 2010
Hi all,

Ive recently had my coil pack (Last 3 months) and glow plugs (last 3 weeks) done.... still feels like she struggles to start up on cold mornings... only the first start of the day?

Any ideas what to try next? Up to 93000 miles now and Im going to be keeping this for another 100k easy.

Thank you

Bump

Any ideas anyone??

This is just the first start of the day, it doesn't seem to do it at any other point. Could it be fuel related?

Any fault codes ?

Any fault codes ?

HI,

No fault codes. Seems to be getting worse with the colder weather, just on the first start.

Can it be fuel related? Injectors or am I just going off course here, would that problem be around all the time.?

Have you had your battery checked? The colder weather usually finds them out and it could be the first signs that it's about to fail.
Also check battery connections and earths.

I don't wait for glow plugs before starting mine and it starts fine with the first turn of the key.

Cheers Grumpy,

That sounds promising. Its just annoying because she has always been a fantastic starter, and now over the last few months it has been slowly getting worse. Sometimes it does start fine though, more often that not though it takes a few kicks.

Is that possible with a duff battery?

If it's not spinning the engine over as quick as it used to it could be the battery, a poor connection somewhere, dodgy solenoid or the starter motor. First step would be to get the battery checked with a load tester and voltage meter.

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=r6_0-wfj8O8[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers Grumpy,

That sounds promising. Its just annoying because she has always been a fantastic starter, and now over the last few months it has been slowly getting worse. Sometimes it does start fine though, more often that not though it takes a few kicks.

Hi @mattyfish16 - did you get any answers / solve the cold start problem ?

Cheers Grumpy,

Hi matty
Did you get your problem resolved I am experiencing similar problems as yours on same spec car, never had too much issue with starting but glow plug lights started intermittent flash, change this, no more light issue now have delayed start on first start, now I am not sure if it's faulty glow Pug relay purchased new or other problem I am going to get my battery checked first as seems the cheaper check if ok do not what to do next

Can any one out there advise what to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom