2010 meets in Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
another + for Rawalpindi. i agree, if the weather is a bit dodgy with side roads etc still clogged with snow/ice i'd rather drive and park where i know (sort of!) than driving around new streets etc.... definaly up for a change next time though. Hopefully i'll have had the winter tyres fitted by then too. pretty sure i'll be driving from dunfermline that day too so if anyone wants a lift, let me know.

Quick update, just checked the long range weather forecast we subscribe to at work snow is forecast in Glasgow next week from Wednesday - Friday.

Please keep me updated on local conditions or one of you might end up with a lodger over Chriatmas :D

Will do Ian

Shift swapped.

Curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry curry

You can tell I am excited about another feast!!!

Have we settled on Rawalpindi , or is the venue still to be decided ?

The only slight concern I would have is that it is a Thursday night (late night shopping) a week before Christmas and the town will be very busy , so parking might be difficult in the city centre ?

OK - the weather forecast for Thursday is miserable at best.

Anyone that is coming through and wants my mobile number, please PM me.

Barring a huge fall of snow and gridlock, I intend to be at the Rawalpindi at 7pm.

I gather we'll not bother booking a table ????

I am down south this week, but would have liked to come along, I will keep my eyes open for the next event.

Cheers

Martin

We have heavy snow forecast for tomorrow and Thursday they were also warning about Snow in the Scottish central belt and the forecast is saying 60% chance of snow in Glasgow

weather.png

One of you fancy a lodger if I get stuck :D

we have a fantastic new traffic minister now, so you'll be ok.

Any developments on the weather up there? Apparently snow forecast for heavy tonight down here. Most of you have my mobile number would appreciate a text tomorrow if the weather turns bad will be leaving 7am for Paisley

Cheers
Ian

Weather fine at the moment - positively tropical at 3C

I'll text you around 9am and also at lunchtime if that suits. I work in Glasgow (Thornliebank) so will have a good handle on conditions.

Very much appreciated. I can't see it being as bad as they reckon and they probably over reacting after the M8 fiasco:eek:

Just to say thanks for organising last night, another fantastic curry night at the Rawalpindi and also thanks for organising it around my visit to Scotland.

As always had a great night in great company and it was good to meet Jim and put another face to a name.

The weather behaved and *** played it safe this time by ordering a Bhuna.

So thanks guy's hope you all have a Very merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year, catch you all in 2011 and don't go too mad at Hogmany :eek:

Looking forward to the next one already.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom