2010 Mercedes E Class Coupe Almost Undisguised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The rear looks like a cross between a Passat CC, Lexus IS with the exhaust from the Lexus LS

Another shot here...

3170679516_2d1e3221d2_o.jpg

Stuggart's designers have been on something lately and it's not doing them any good. The styling of this car is a catastrophe.

Got a mate who's a "Quantity Surveyor" - gets really upset when I refer to him as an "Accountant" :devil:

I remember someone telling me he was a Stock control auditor.

He really had a downer on my when I said, "Oh, a Storeman!" and fell apart laughing.

Thing was, he actually was a storeman.

I don't know how I slept soundly that night...........the idiot. (He was busy informing everyone in the hotel, in an overtly loud voice, that you can buy a decent quality pair of walking boots for £40. As were in a hotel, in the lakes on a fell walking holiday and having just purchased a pair of reasonably quality boots for an amount more than £40, I had to get involved in the conversation)

(By the way, you cannot get a decent quality pair of walking boots for £40)

I took it literally as an E-Class Coupe. Doesn't make sense to me in the E-Class, CLS, CLK and CL lineup other than it's to go head to head with the BMW 6 series.

The CLK (209), depsite W211 instruments and cabin materials was based on the C class and was really a posh and heavily revamped C class. It was deemed an expensive rival for the 3 series BMW, and in road tests was compared to a 3 series. Pricing and equipment made it more equivilent to the 3 series than the 6 series

This car, is altogether different. Its mechanically based on the E class (the car above the C) and will cost more than a 212 saloon, pricing it a) well above any C class (bar AMG) b) well above and out with a 3 series buyers remit c) close, if not above, the 6 series. Looking at this car, it will be a proper GT car, unlike the 209 CLK - which is just a very nice car.

Also, it balances the MB range, the CLC is a C class coupe, and the CL is an S class coupe. This is now the middle ground coupe. Before with the 209 the C class had 2 coupes (CLK and C coupe) and no E class coupe, but an CL (S class coupe).

It might sound a bit weird but I agree with the rest, it does, IT DOES, it reminds me of a lexus? maybe it is the white colour lol lol :-S

I do love the design to bits though ;-)

Last edited:
Seems to me to be a con if it is to be called an E class coupe since the motoring Press say it is based on the C class (chassis etc). Should be called what it is: the replacement CLK.

And why not a proper E class coupe and cabriolet. They did that in the past with some success and that was when car sales were far lower than in normal years nowadays. The ragtop E class was great and fine for four big adults.

Its probably me. And I definitely don't claim to be a style guru as a short conversation with the woman in my life or a peek in my wardrobe will amply demonstrate. And I haven't seen the new E or this car in the metal. But...

I thought that the previous C, current E and CLK are/were bulbous and unbalanced in styling. It looks to my eyes as if the new generation is going to be squarer, more purposeful-looking and more coherent in design times.

Of course the cars i really liked were the W202, W124 and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom