2010 S212 E250CDI headlight fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AW8

Car
S212 E220CDI Blue Efficiency SE Edition 125 Estate (7G+Auto - 2011)
Hi folks,

A very good friend of mine runs a 2010 E250CDI Avantgarde (PRE-Facelift S212)

VIN WDD2122032A270934

I have accessed his data card from using VIN

It has lamp spec as follows...........

600 HEADLAMPS - CLEANING EQUIPMENT
608 AUTOMATIC HIGH BEAM SWITCH (IHC)
619 CORNERING ILLUMINATION
621 HEADLAMP WITH ILS, LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC

He has message on dash that says "adaptive lights not working" & he reports no dip or main beam to nearside.

My immediate thoughts were failed ballast. I am aware aftermarket or used ballasts are available. I have also seen posts indicating that coding may be required.

Annoyingly I cant seem to access a working online parts finder. The link below gives an error message "uncomment: mysqli_conn line 86" when I try to access relevant section (54).
Mercedes-Benz EPC. E 212.203 , E STATION WAGON, Market Europe, North America, Japan.

I am a little bemused when reading up on matters........

I have seen online content indicating 2 bulbs for dip and main but also seen other content indicating some cars have one bulb with a metal shutter to adjust beam.

Q1 : Any ideas other than Ballast or control module failure (new headlamp circa £800) ?

Q2 : Any recommendations for a decent aftermarket ballast supplier ?

Q3 : Other than checking connections/fuses any (safe) d.i.y. diagnostic/fix advice ?

Q4 : Is MB/Star diagnostic required ?

Answers to 1-4 above & any advice or thoughts appreciated.

Still relatively new to MB & I confess to not being that clued up on vehicle electrics.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Not that this makes much difference, but to clarify....It is the offside headlight that is the issue not nearside as prior stated.

He says not

Breaking news............It needed a bulb change.

I guess so.....albeit £94 for a bulb change not bargain of the week.

Hi,
Not that it matters now but I had adaptive headlights not working warning and a new bulb to replace the pinkish one fixed it.
My appeals and research referred to faulty windscreen sensor/camera or ballasts but a relief it was just a bulb. I went crazy and bought two.
It's a pity the wheel arch liner needs removal to access.
Although I remember an A3 i think it was that needed bumper off to replace a bulb.
Anyway, I am glad your friend is sorted.
Kindliest regurgitations,
D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom