2010 W204 Command questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy82

Car
'55' CLK55 AMG
Hi all, just got myself an 60 plate c220 cdi sport saloon and I am loving it so far.

With regard to he command head unit I have a few questions:

1. Can I stream Bluetooth with my iPhone 6s!

2. DVD playing whilst in motion be unlocked?

3. How do I connect my iPod?

Many thanks in advance. Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, just got myself an 60 plate c220 cdi sport saloon and I am loving it so far.

With regard to he command head unit I have a few questions:

1. Can I stream Bluetooth with my iPhone 6s!

2. DVD playing whilst in motion be unlocked?

3. How do I connect my iPod?

Many thanks in advance. Jon

2. No. Not legally anyeay. But if you have rear display units (in the back of the front seats' headrests) then Video in Motion will work for these.

I believe your COMAND unit will be NTG4 (assuming the car is pre-facelift) - hope this helps.

Wow, insurance companies really are a bunch of c****! Not only do they charge an arm and a leg for you to be "covered" (loosely speaking), they also try and get out of paying any which way they can. Talk about legal robbery. I hope the insurance companies go bankrupt, they deserve it.

Wow, insurance companies really are a bunch of c****! Not only do they charge an arm and a leg for you to be "covered" (loosely speaking), they also try and get out of paying any which way they can. Talk about legal robbery. I hope the insurance companies go bankrupt, they deserve it.

I don't disagree in general terms, but... when it comes to driving a car while watching TV I think they may actually have a point there...? ;)

I don't disagree in general terms, but... when it comes to driving a car while watching TV I think they may actually have a point there...? ;)

That is a valid point, but what if the person was not even aware that was the case? Also if they can't prove he was watching it when the accident happened, how can they decline the insurance policy?

Insurance works this way (in a nutshell):

The insurer evaluates the risk.

The insurer then calculates the Premium cost based on statistical analysis of the risk involved.

If you do not disclose material information to the insurer, they are unable to correctly assess the risk. Your Policy will be void because you paid the wrong amount. They might even go as far as refund you what you have paid on the premise that the amount was not sufficient to buy you insurance in the first place.

More specifically, in the insurer's eyes, anyone who modified their car so that video can be watched while driving, poses a higher risk in general. And by not disclosing this information to the insurer, that person is preventing them from correctly assessing the risk in providing insurance (or even refusing insurance altogether). This voids the policy on the premise that the correct amount was never paid in the first place.

It is no different to walking into a coffee shop, picking up a £2 sandwich and leaving £1 at the counter. Your £1 did not buy you half a sandwich... the staff will likely hand you back your £1 and take away the sandwich saying it was never yours because you did not pay the full amount for it.

The insurer is also backed by criminal legislation - in extreme cases you could be prosecuted for either driving while uninsured, or worse still obtaining insurance by deception.

The main reason that this issue is not taken seriously by many people is that unless there's a claim against the policy, no one will ever know, and because on most days most people do not have claims made against their policy, very few people actually get caught.

Last edited:
Gone a bit off topic here! Can anybody actually help me with my questions other than the DVD unlock?

Check in your glovebox to see if (a) there is a media interface connector in the roof of it or (b) there is an aux connector on the left hand side.

Found this?? Is this an SD card slot?

74242b0d2cd98860bea24ee9ac0ad7fb.jpg

Ok so to confirm I got the cable and connected my iPod and it works although the way the headunit has arranged the playlists is very random?

Also I connected my iPhone 6s+ via the media cable and the command says:

9355e4e8e370e163c07c59b9b8707a41.jpg

Is there some sort of update required?

You'd be far better off getting a memory card and a PCMCIA adapter, filling it with your music and sticking it in the slot on the front of the unit.
Probably cheaper too

interesting thread this....though I may be wrong I don't think my dvd would work while driving car.. certainly no probs watching while stationary...can someone adv if its possible to stop music player while using sat nav facility on screen or do u just turn the music down as sat navs voice is independent ?? can anyone adv ??!!...ta foxy52

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom