2010 W212 rough idle and squeaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshape

Car
2013 E250 CDI
Hey All
Have an issue with my E200 CDI, When i first start it in the morning the engine does not sound very "mercedes like" at all, it sounds very rough and has a squeaking / chirping sound too, as soon as the car warms up this calms down, but it seems very consistent with starting it up after an overnight parking. have it in the dealer in 2 days for a B1 service and have flagged that they should investigate, but it will be warm when they get it and im worried they will miss it. anyone here have any idea what it might be?, have 3 weeks left on my dealer star select warranty too so want to make sure if it is an issue that they find it!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Have you checked where the noise is coming from? Could be a bad idle/alternator pulley or tensioner and check the belt for wear/slipping.

See if you can pinpoint where it's coming from.

Have had it on my previous car, where the tensioner was the issue, as it had movement and would chirp for the first 5 mins on cold startup until it had warmed up and then be silent for the rest of the day until stood overnight, when it would chirp again.

Replaced it and the belt and was fine after.

Cheers.

Hi,

Have you checked where the noise is coming from? Could be a bad idle/alternator pulley or tensioner and check the belt for wear/slipping.

See if you can pinpoint where it's coming from.

Have had it on my previous car, where the tensioner was the issue, as it had movement and would chirp for the first 5 mins on cold startup until it had warmed up and then be silent for the rest of the day until stood overnight, when it would chirp again.

Replaced it and the belt and was fine after.

Cheers.

So, if i am standing facing the car, its concentrated around the left sde of the bonnet, so drivers side, the rough sound is louder than the squeak though if that makes sense? if it was an alternator pulley do you think that would be a warranty item?

Sounds like the bearing and would have thought it would be covered under warranty.

Ask them if you can leave it with them overnight, so they can diagnose it and hear it on cold start.

MB were unable to find an issue, or replicate it as the car was not "cold" .They have flagged in the system that it may be a suspect engine mount and asked me to return if it gets worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom