2011/2012 A160 or Hyundai i20 Style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanD

Car
CLS55 AMG IWC
Looking for one or the other, but with reasonable spec (thus the Style option for i20). Don't like plain red colour.

Have driven an A160 with zero extras and it was a bit too boring along with small signs of careless ownership. The drive was yawny in that the steering was too light and any more than a second or so of throttle felt slow, but my expectations may need adjustment :wallbash: Actually the single thing that annoyed me the most was the position of the steering wheel compared to the seat configuration. Anyway, I could live with it since it's not for me to drive normally :crazy:

Gonna drive a good looking Style this weekend and decide which feels better (less worse!?).

Errr .. yeah, back to the point! If you have one to sell, let me know and I might cross your palm with gold, especially if you live near-ish, which this car I'm seeing soon isn't! And I promise I won't complain about small cars. Much.

/threadclose!

Got an i20 last week in the end, missus well chuffed with it! :)

Oh dear personally I would have gone Kia if I was buying a ****box.

You know what .. it's fine really. I've had a few underpowered little rentals and this has more life in it than they did. Lots of extras too which are a very pleasant addition to what could be a plastic box. They've come a long way since the Getz.

Just did 250 miles in it to stretch its legs and I didn't hate it! There's nothing attractive about a Kia though ..!! :crazy:

Having also driven both, I quite liked the Hyundai and I know what you mean about the A160's performance.

My wife was a pure BMW owner until she discovered Rockar (Hyundai). Now she has an i20 with an options list that puts most 'Premium' cars to shame; especially considering the c£150 a month lease cost. It's not an amazing car, but it's very good, and for the price it's a no brainer to be fair.

Yeah, it's a Style, so everything included. Auto lights, auto wipers, climate, reversing sensors and camera .. the list goes on. It's a good little stereo too .. just the cabin noise at high motorway speeds make it lose out to what we're all more used to on this forum. Keep 4th/5th over 2,500rpm and they still make a difference!!

I'd like the wheel a little lower and the pedals a little further away (if I push the seat too far back to make the pedals right, I struggle with reaching 3rd gear and TDC of the wheel!!!). That said, the A160 was worse in that respect.

I didn't try driving one as they've held their value too well, but the current new style generation of A Class looks like a much better car ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom