2011 A W169 180 diesel Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimist22

Car
volvoC30
I am interested in above vehicle, £8,750,(34,000) but am a wee bit concerned that it has Parktronic.

In my view this is an unnecessary addition which may lead to expensive repairs if it upsets the electrics.

Is it something that can just be switched off and forgotten about ?

Any other comments on this car model appreciated.

Yes, it can be switched off. Generally speaking it is a reliable system,only the sensors are at risk of failure due to stone or water damage. They are relatively cheap and easy to replace. If there were to be a problem the system automatically shuts down with no knock on effects on other systems.

Not something I would worry about and certainly wouldn't prevent me buying a car so equipped.

Thanks. I really appreciate such a prompt and helpful reply. Test drive next week !

Parktronic works fine on the W169 and you should not be worried. We had it on our 2011 A160 and it was fantastic. You can either use it just as parking sensors or to do parallel parking for you (and it does work). Now my mom has that car and she had no issues. We also have Parktronic on our W246/B180 and it does work without problems.. I see it as a bonus not as a negative

Regards

Theo

Thanks for your informative post. Suspect I'm just a Luddite !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom