2011 C250 cdi starter motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bebsy

Car
2011 c250 cdi sport
Hi guys I’ve just had my starter motor replaced as mine burnt out yesterday I’ve replaced the starter fuse as that had blown the relay seems to be ok I’m having an issue now where when Ignition is on and the key is turned to crank nothing happens. Any help is appreciated

Obviously go back to the garage that did the work. Something is not right and they've either messed up or missed something.

Assuming this question is a late night emergency to see if any advice can be offered, have you checked the fuse again? When my starter was on the way out after 120k miles, it was munching fuses on every start. That lasted about a day before I got a new starter from Merc and had it fitted. Problem solved.

Obviously go back to the garage that did the work. Something is not right and they've either messed up or missed something.

Assuming this question is a late night emergency to see if any advice can be offered, have you checked the fuse again? When my starter was on the way out after 120k miles, it was munching fuses on every start. That lasted about a day before I got a new starter from Merc and had it fitted. Problem solved.
Thanks for the reply my car is still at the garage there getting back on it tomorrow but he didn’t seem to sure before. my starter burnt out pretty bad it has a message says esp abs not available aswell but this only came on after the car was towed to the garage by the rac

Maybe the esp abs fault was caused by the RAC towing the car with two wheels off the ground and two on the ground?
That would cause confusion to the wheel speed monitoring system with two wheels registering speed and two not. It might clear when you drive it next with all four wheels on the ground.

That would seem to be logical to me. You would be very unlucky if a wheel speed sensor failed just when it was being towed -- it could happen though.

All sorted guys must have gone into a safety mode like when you have a crash plugged it in reset it and it fired straight up new starter packs a punch thanks for replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom