2011 E250 E class (W212) - 7G+ ATF fluid change interval?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derektrotter

Car
MB
Hi All

I have a 2011 E250 E class with the 7G+ gearbox, does anyone know whether this needs changing every 4 years? it was done nearly 4 years ago and trying to work out whether I need to do it again at the next service, transmission is as smooth as its ever been, if its not essential I rather save the money as only planning to keep the car for another 2 years.

And, assuming your car had average annual mileage and FSH then it should have been done in 2016. Unless it was done earlier due to high mileage.

Thanks Mark, its had average mileage over the years and is currently around 80k.

Its a 2011 61 plate and ATF was done in the middle of 2015 which made me think it was every 4 years, so assuming its every 5 years it'll need doing middle of next year..

Are you sure it's a 7G+? It will be 7G+ if your car is equipped with Stop/Start. Otherwise it might still be an early 7G (in which case the ATF is due every 3 years).

Yep it has stop/start, when buying I did a lot of research to ensure it had the correct ATF fluid changed so its definitely the plus :)

I think I had read a thread saying a dealer had used the wrong fluid on theirs which made me delve into it a lot deeper when purchasing mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom