2011 e350 jerking at low revs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart22

Car
Merc e350
Hi, I've got a 2011 e350 w212 3liter v6, with the 7g+ gearbox when the coolant temp is below 50° and revs are between 1000 and 2000rpm the car acts like it's going to cut out and jerks until you get above 2000rpm in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear.
The issue started after i carried out a gearbox oil change, the transmission fluid that was supplied was the red 236.14 after checking twice i was told it was the right oil, after the issues started and contacting merc it turned out it was the wrong oil it should of been 236.15 (blue) car was driven approx 80 miles with the wrong oil in.I've since drained the wrong oil from the gearbox,drained torque converter and flushed the cooler through changed the filter and refilled with approx 8.5liter (out of 9 liters from merc after running it up to 45° ECT,(gearbox temp) I also did a engine oil, fuel filter,Air filter and diff oil change(all air intake seals were replaced) at the same time as the original transmission oil change.
has anyone experienced this before am I barking up the wrong tree looking for a gearbox fault?
any help, advise kick in the right direction welcome
thank you stu

You really need to start with a diagnostic scan first as you have already spent a fair amount on getting the car serviced. It could just be a faulty fuel filter causing the problem but without a scan you would probably be chucking more money away trying to fix it.

You really need to start with a diagnostic scan first as you have already spent a fair amount on getting the car serviced. It could just be a faulty fuel filter causing the problem but without a scan you would probably be chucking more money away trying to fix it.
Thank you for your reply.
It hasn't got any fault codes in the transmission or engine.

Thank you for your reply.
It hasn't got any fault codes in the transmission or engine.
Has it been scanned with Star?

As you've changed things in addition to the atf, you can't really be sure that it's the fluid change that's responsible. The diff oil can probably safely be ruled out, but have you gone back to basics and checked the various sensors/seals that you might have disconnected/changed. The fact that it changes over a certain temperature might point to a sensor but it could be anything you've disconnected/replaced. Genuine MB filters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom