2011 SLK250 Petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK250Petrol

Car
Mercedes-Benz SLK250 Petrol
Hi all,

First of all - thanks for allowing me to join. Hopefully about to fulfil my dream and purchase a 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK250 Petrol. It is the Edition125 with AMG pack, heated seats, air scarf, harmon kardon, pan roof, sat-nav etc....

I have a few questions I wanted to throw out to the experts!

1) This model has a "shark fin" aerial on the back, though I haven't seen this on many models. Is it just the because the 2011 is the earliest of the facelift type?

2) When the car started and was revved the first time, there was some smoke that came out of the exhaust. The guy at the dealership said that they dump a little fuel on startup and that is what it is, which has been backed up by a little research. Is this normal or am I being sold something with a problem?

3) It has telephone pre-wiring that looks to fit an iPhone 4 or older. Is it worth leaving it in, taking it out or replacing the cradle for an iPhone 6 compatible one (I don't see what the benefit is of having it?).

4) Lastly, has anyone experienced any common issues with this model? It would be useful to know!

Huge thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Hope all goes to plan with the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Enjoy

Ant.

Thanks Ant,

Hopefully will get some answers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom