2011 Vito Duoliners Help need to make a comeback!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

csx355

Hi all, it's been a while since I have posted here having sold my 2007 VITO120 Duoliner over a year ago. Although I thought that the fuel consumption was reasonable for the beast that it was, 27mpg average, I convinced myself that I could and should do better. Well I did and although my replacement now averages 46mpg, and fundamentally it does everything that I need and it's incredibly sensible it leaves me cold and longing for that three pointed star to make a return to my key fob.

So today I started the process in earnest and as tempting as the new 122 is yep 224bhp Standard trim Vito with Euro 5 engine I think that my sensible switch is going to limit me to the 116 164bhp option.

Has anyone had experience of the new 2011 models in particular the 116 and the Blue Efficiency package. Information is pretty thin on the ground especially concerning standard trim and 'options' and I like options. :D

You did well to average 27 mpg from your 120, I get nearer to 25.

I would test drive a 4-pot ... you will probably find it a bit agricultural after the V6.

Hi,
I have 116cdi auto, Ride and handling are a lot better than the 06 111cdi that i had.
It is returning low 30is mpg at the moment, but is getting better as the engine is starting to loosen up, only 3000 miles on it at the mo. if you do much night driving, i would recommend the bi-xeon option, bit expensive but amazing.

Many thanks for the replies, how is it going Bill? How's the little'un? I used to check the mpg tank to tank as well as using the trip computer and both used to work out at 27.2, I know the 116 is not going to have the same attraction as the 120 but I need the space for boards and bikes and can't really bring myself to get a T5.

Hey Brody - the auto option on the 116 was attractive, how are you measuring mpg, trip computer or fill to fill? The xenon light option would be a must, it was the only thing about my old 120 that I could moan about.

I see that there is a Blue efficiency package as well, anyone know much about this? I don't suppose it sits well with an auto box.

Just a thought Bill - I always kept the standard alloy 16" wheels and tyres and from memory I think you had some funky wide low profiles on yours. Plus Mine was a compact and yours was a long, this may have made a difference in the fuel figures.

Max is good thanks, 3 years old now! I've just got the factory 17" alloys on our 120, don't think they'd make a big difference? On a long motorway run (e.g. to Germany) I can get it up to about 30 mpg, but 25 is more typical.

I have averaged 23mpg over 12,000 miles in my 120 dualiner, most of my trips are local, on a good run i can get over 30mpg. I'm not sure I could go back to a 4 pot after the V6 120 though, even with much better mpg.

VITO 116 Sport Auto

Well - I have pushed the button and put a deposit down on a 116 Dualiner Sport Auto with some options - Bi-xenon, parktronic, roof rails, the usual typical van-tart bling that I have been missing this last 18months.

Mine should come through with the first deliveries of the EU5 Sport versions end of July / early August - had to do it I have been a grouchy old sod ever since I got rid of my 120. I honestly did not think how much I would miss that 3 pointed star on my key fob - call me shallow, I just put it down to my age.

One thing that surprised me with the published performance figures was the 0-60 times on the 116 auto is 10.5' that's quicker than the manual and not that far off the new 122. Odd seeing that the old 120 was rated at 8.insane' or something.

Like a kid waiting for xmas now. :D

Sounds good!

I deliberately didn't spec. roof bars on ours as although they look good the extra height can just make the difference between getting into a car park (or the local rubbish tip) or not!

Hi Bill - my original 120 came without roof bars but I ended up fitting them to carry surfboards when we were traveling so I thought in for a penny . . .

They do look good but getting in to multi-stories is more important to me :D

Actually I planned to get a pair of the M-B cross bars that attach directly to the mounting points on the roof (rather than to rails), but not needed them so far!

Mercedes New shape Vito 639 Series Carrier/Ladder Bars | eBay UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom