2012 220cdi brake discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pcthrillrider

Car
2017 C220 CDI 4MATIC AMG LINE PREMIUM
my car has cross drilled front disc's as far as im aware it's only the amg sport version that had them, mine is a se excutive model with 60k miles so im guessing there from new, does it have the wrong ones fitted?

It depends....The cross drilled discs were standard on the AMG Sport versions and came with AMG calipers on 17inch wheels. The SE had 16 in. wheels as standard and AMG discs/calipers wouldn't fit unless the wheels were upgraded to 17s. If you bought your car used, it may be that the standard discs were replaced with same size discs but cross drilled. If that is the case, they will not be MB original equipment.

To be more definitive, we probably need a bit more info about wheel sizes, discs and calipers that are on the car now.

Ernie

My 204 has normal discs and is the amg premium pack. Looking on euro car parts i can see i can fit drilled and grooved discs if i wish.

It depends....The cross drilled discs were standard on the AMG Sport versions and came with AMG calipers on 17inch wheels. The SE had 16 in. wheels as standard and AMG discs/calipers wouldn't fit unless the wheels were upgraded to 17s. If you bought your car used, it may be that the standard discs were replaced with same size discs but cross drilled. If that is the case, they will not be MB original equipment.

To be more definitive, we probably need a bit more info about wheel sizes, discs and calipers that are on the car now.

Ernie
the cross drilled disc's are the same size as the normal disc's 295mm my wheels are 16inch

the cross drilled disc's are the same size as the normal disc's 295mm my wheels are 16inch

So the originals have been replaced with non-MB discs at some point in the car's past.

Ernie

TBH I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you like the way they look , and if they perform OK, stick with them and if replacing them find quality (Brembo) replacements if available. At 60K what makes you think they are OE ? Not unusual for a car with 60K under its belt to have had the front discs replaced.

It is unlikely you would feel any difference in brake performance whether cross drilled or not, just for the looks on a normal car. My V8 C55 AMG comes stock with plain old ventilated but not cross drilled (Brembo) on the rears mated to single (opposed) piston calipers that look like they came off a mountain bike :p , but they work fine mated to the 345mm cross drilled and ventilated Brembos (4 pot calipers) on the front they work fine on the road. Someone at AMG did the 'math' ..thats good enough for me.

TBH I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you like the way they look , and if they perform OK, stick with them and if replacing them find quality (Brembo) replacements if available. At 60K what makes you think they are OE ? Not unusual for a car with 60K under its belt to have had the front discs replaced.

It is unlikely you would feel any difference in brake performance whether cross drilled or not, just for the looks on a normal car. My V8 C55 AMG comes stock with plain old ventilated but not cross drilled (Brembo) on the rears mated to single (opposed) piston calipers that look like they came off a mountain bike :p , but they work fine mated to the 345mm cross drilled and ventilated Brembos (4 pot calipers) on the front they work fine on the road. Someone at AMG did the 'math' ..thats good enough for me.
so some muppet replaced my disc's with the wrong ones?!! i thought they would last longer than 60k, my last 2 merc's i replaced the disc's with brembo disc's and pads all round

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom