Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
last November, there was a new A Class display in a local shopping centre...was a big box surrounded in lights that "opened" every 15 minutes to let us see the car...as the wife was busy shopping, i had plenty time to kill so waited for the reveal...having only ever seen an A-Class, and thinking it was a bit quirky (I was a BMW/VW driver at that time), i wasn't expecting much. While waiting i was asked some questioned about my current thoughts on the A-Class by a couple of (not unnattractive) promo girls and I probably used words like "dull, strange, housewife:rolleyes:)...after the reveal i can only say it wasn't what i was expecting, and my reaction must have been picked up by the "watchers" as i was quickly approached by an interviewer and camera man...my words then were far from my original:D

it wasn't that it was amazing in the current car market, it was more it was amazing compared to my impression/idea of the A-Class. Up close in the flesh it just looked stunning - it had an awesome grille made up of lots of little silver circles, and wheels had similar detail - i really wish i had taken some pics, but it was only on show for a few minutes before being hidden away again, and it did literally take my breath away

had a trawl on the internet to see if anyone else had taken pics but to no avail :(

last November, there was a new A Class display in a local shopping centre...was a big box surrounded in lights that "opened" every 15 minutes to let us see the car...as the wife was busy shopping, i had plenty time to kill so waited for the reveal...having only ever seen an A-Class, and thinking it was a bit quirky (I was a BMW/VW driver at that time), i wasn't expecting much. While waiting i was asked some questioned about my current thoughts on the A-Class by a couple of (not unnattractive) promo girls and I probably used words like "dull, strange, housewife:rolleyes:)...after the reveal i can only say it wasn't what i was expecting, and my reaction must have been picked up by the "watchers" as i was quickly approached by an interviewer and camera man...my words then were far from my original:D

it wasn't that it was amazing in the current car market, it was more it was amazing compared to my impression/idea of the A-Class. Up close in the flesh it just looked stunning - it had an awesome grille made up of lots of little silver circles, and wheels had similar detail - i really wish i had taken some pics, but it was only on show for a few minutes before being hidden away again, and it did literally take my breath away

had a trawl on the internet to see if anyone else had taken pics but to no avail :(

Unfortunately what you saw was an A CLASS "concept car" A one -off design built for display at motor shows and promotion tours . If you are expecting the production model to look remotely the same you are in for a big disappointment. :(

Unfortunately what you saw was an A CLASS "concept car" A one -off design built for display at motor shows and promotion tours . If you are expecting the production model to look remotely the same you are in for a big disappointment. :(
I for one hope it won't look a bit like the concept car. That had ludicrous giant wheels with minute tyre depth that would be useless on UK roads. All style and no substance there.

And a ridiculous sloping side window offering lousy rearwards visibility for the driver and hardly any view out for rear passengers.

Truth about small cars is that the optimum shape is a box and the real art of car design is to make that box fairly attractive. The more you stray from the box shape the less room you get inside.

Alec Issigonis had the right idea ...

My local MB dealer advised me that the last production of the current A-Class will occur during May.

No factory orders are possible anymore, except for those already scheduled for production in various predetermined guises for delivery before or during May.

On another matter, I enquired at my local Audi dealer for information on the forthcoming A1 Sportback, which becomes available in March - and if it was possible to test-drive the three door version over the weekend - only to be told they were too busy to arrange such test-drives over the weekend, because that is when they are most busy (!)

Well, duh! That's when most people are available to view/test such cars. Look's like they don't want my business. I'm sure someone else will willingly take my business instead.

A-Class caught completely undisguised

[YOUTUBE]lTYewqhf6i8[/YOUTUBE]

Look how big it is, nearly as tall as the Seat Alhambra behind it

Last edited:
Wow! It looks great and much closer to the A-Class concept than I could have dared to hope. The grille looks terrific. The styling seems fresh if not different from other current hatchbacks - I see no visual link between the new A-Class and the Hyundai i30.

Can't wait to see it in the metal. Thanks for posting, KillerH.

Wow! It looks great and much closer to the A-Class concept than I could have dared to hope. The grille looks terrific. The styling seems fresh if not different from other current hatchbacks - I see no visual link between the new A-Class and the Hyundai i30.

Can't wait to see it in the metal. Thanks for posting, KillerH.

That guy standing beside must be a giant! :confused: Picture simply doesn't stand up in comparison to the previous video shots-- photoshop? :dk:

I think it is the B but due to the bodystyling and wheels I think this may be a prototype of the AMG model they are planning to make.

Last edited:
Nope its the A-Class, its smaller and doesnt have the ridge down its bonnet, nor does the A Pillar extend down into the wing:

319700301252596596.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom